Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bad day
Mar 26, 2012

by VideoGames

1stGear posted:

Steam App, friend. Waste your money on video games while making more money to waste.

Actually the mobile interface on a chrome browser works way better than the app. For some reason. I guess the app is just a lovely web browser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bad day
Mar 26, 2012

by VideoGames
Finally gonna buckle down and get Divinity Original Sin and Pillars of Eternity because I have a steam machine and have been eyeing them for a year while buying hundreds of cheaper games.

bad day
Mar 26, 2012

by VideoGames

Phelddagrif posted:

Is Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma worth getting at $26.79 (33% off)? I've read the 999 LP and played through VLR, and enjoyed them both.

This is from pages ago but it's kind of like a really long boring badly acted movie that only sort of makes sense. As a real life escape room owner I enjoyed it but the story - however awesome it is - seems unnecessarily confusing. I liked it but only $20 liked it. I tried playing it on mushrooms and it really freaked me out.

bad day
Mar 26, 2012

by VideoGames
Steam controllers are great but I held an Xbox wireless controller and it felt a lot more natural; considering getting one.

bad day
Mar 26, 2012

by VideoGames
I'm at $100 now. Hoping for some steam gift cards tomorrow. I wanna make it to 420 games and stop there for a while.

Biggest surprise so far is Borderlands The Pre Sequel being quite possibly the best running game on Linux. I dunno wtf but I've got the cheapest Alienware Steam machine that runs most big games at minimal settings but this is just amazing - my toaster cranks this thing on ultra settings. I like Borderlands because running around mindlessly shooting everything without really thinking about strategy is very meditative for me.

bad day
Mar 26, 2012

by VideoGames

Aardark posted:

Oh for sure, there is a sale for every season. poo poo is on sale more often than not. That's why the discounts are so underwhelming, I guess.

Most of the prices I'm seeing in this sale are the same as they were in other sales but not all of them were on sale at the same time. For example nothing in the Black Friday or Halloween sales is any more or less expensive in this one.

bad day
Mar 26, 2012

by VideoGames
Slayaway Camp is the real winner for me this sale. What a fun game - it's a bit like the squeenix GO series but more fun. With a rad Jason Vorhees aesthetic.

bad day
Mar 26, 2012

by VideoGames
Best purchases so far.

Slayaway Camp is so cool. So fun. It's a puzzler with a sort of crossy road Friday The 13th theme where you murder Camp counselers. The game gets really hard after the 3rd or 4th movie and there's lots of unlockable stuff that rules.

Borderlands The Pre Sequel runs like butter on Linux. It is a fun shootymans game like other Borderlands games but for some reason runs like a million times better than the other ones on a Linux box.

Yesterday is a really hosed up adventure game with great art and animation. Reminds me a lot of Knee Deep with adventure game item puzzles thrown in. Does not get too moon-logical but there have been a few points where I got stuck because I failed to notice something I could interact with.

Painkiller Hell & Damnation is hilariously, nonsensically fun to play. You are ridiculously overpowered from the outset and just run around eviscerating everything nonstop. Reminds me a lot of DOOM. Well worth the $5.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided has a bad rep but considering I play Deus Ex like a serial killer and actually ENJOYED Invisible War, I'm pretty much into it. My favorite part was never so much the story as much as murdering as many key npcs as possible and stuffing all of their bodies in the same sewer grate. $20 is too good to pass this up, IMO.

DLC is the biggest winner for me - buying up the remainder of the Borderlands and X-Com franchise content has breathed new life into my favorite, most often played games.

I think I'm tapped out now. I bought Pillars of Eternity and Divinity Original Sin but they were boring so I returned them and got GTA V. I think 414 games is a good number to stop at for now.

bad day
Mar 26, 2012

by VideoGames
I'm gonna recommend Slayaway Camp again because - seriously - this is a fun game.

bad day
Mar 26, 2012

by VideoGames

Mr E posted:

Are any of the XCOM 2 DLCs worth grabbing?

Shen' Last Gift missions run lightning fast compared to the rest of the game. Also the Anarchy's Children thing lets your characters look dumb as gently caress which is cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bad day
Mar 26, 2012

by VideoGames
Consortium wasn't originally part of the sale but it's now $2 FYI.

• Locked thread