Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Store pages are loading for me what the gently caress is going on.

How do we feel about the Total War Warhammer DLCs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

MMF Freeway posted:

AoE being there is funniest part because its like yeah this game really stands the test of time that's why it needed an hd remake right?

The original version of AoE2 actually still has a small but very active competitive multiplayer community, complete with big paid tournaments (a european team recently flew to china for the finals of a $30k tournament [china won])! And, frankly, it doesn't have the latest expansions but it's generally way less buggy and more functional (HD has been improved though).

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Koramei posted:

from what i hear leviathans is pretty alright, but not must have by any means.

Leviathans is totally worth it if you like the game, imo. It isn't revolutionary but it adds a lot of cool things to make the middle-end game more interesting and give you a few more options for how to run your empire. If the game doesn't click with you, Leviathans won't fix that, but if you like the game and just want a few more interesting things to find and do, it's totally worth it.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I think elite dangerous is a "done" game in that they're mostly finished with the base game (but are still doing expansions) but with quotation marks because their idea of finished doesn't require actually having much content.

Every review is a screed because no-one can decide whether or not it's right for the game to be not much more than flying around and shooting random dudes in random places.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I'm with the whiners on E:D, really. There's just not really anything to do. You can fly around and shoot stuff and go into randomly generated star systems, but there's no real reward or even variation. I kept playing it hoping maybe I'd find somewhere I could buy some more interesting guns or get into some bigger fights, but none of that ever happened. SC2, Civ, Total War, MMOs, those all have plenty of stuff to do.

Bottom line, I think all those other games you've listed have enough game to be worth paying the price for. I do not think that about Elite Dangerous. I don't think it's unreasonable to be unhappy that they're putting out expansions when the base game doesn't feel like an actual game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I never put DLC on my wishlist. Any highly touted DLCs I should actually buy?

Dishonored, every Civ game except maybe beyond earth, likewise for paradox games, new vegas and skyrim on the bethesda front, xcom (ew for 1 is good, read up on alien hunters for xcom2), we would kind of need a decent list of games you're looking to sink more time into to be actually helpful here.

• Locked thread