Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lowdog
Dec 14, 2012

Plastic Goldbaby posted:

Can't comment on the link but I love the steam controller after cutting my teeth on it. And you do have to cut your teeth. I kind of hated the thing at first but I also started using it in Rocket League after playing that for months with an xbox controller. For the smoothest learning curve possible I would suggest using it to play a third person game you haven't played before. Eventually it becomes second nature and I now prefer it over the xbox and ps4 controllers.

I actually got a steam controller for Christmas and am still in the process of getting used to it; any third person games in particular you would recommend that I pick up during the final hours of the sale?

Also my top picks from the sale thus far are Superhot and Stardew Valley (which I have been playing with the controller to great effect). Superhot wasn't all that long, but I enjoyed everything about it. The art style was sweet, and the fact that they did something that was actually new and fun with bullet time made it a standout. Stardew valley seems like the kind of game I will inadvertently sink hundreds of hours into (and I am okay with that).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lowdog
Dec 14, 2012

Plastic Goldbaby posted:

If you are looking for value then Tomb Raider (2013) and any of the Batman Arkham games are all really cheap right now.

If you don't mind dropping $20-30 then The Witcher 3 (dlc is worth it) is my favorite game ever, and Grand Theft Auto V is also great.

Oh poo poo, I actually already have Witcher 3 and GTA V. Thanks, I'll be sure to reinstall them and check them out with the steam controller.

• Locked thread