Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

Are you drinking egg nog or just a darn good cup of coffee?

Why not both?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Objective Action posted:

Hatoful Boyfriend
7VAB4-GD3&4-00%96

Thanks!

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Furnaceface posted:

Paradox is really good about baking core gameplay changes into the base game when they release DLC.

Kind of. They let the NPCs use the mechanics but not you - at least I remember seeing the AI use retinues before I bought the DLC that let me use them but I could be wrong.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

I highly recommend Old Gods too, as it not only lets you play Vikings but also Zoroastrians and I think other pagans, and it adds an earlier start date that you can use with any culture. Imprison your family, sacrifice them to Odin, goty.

But if you play as the Zoroastrians you can marry your family instead of imprisoning them. In fact it's encouraged.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

DrNutt posted:

Nothing about the game's store page indicates that this is anything resembling Mass Effect. Could you perhaps expand on that a little?

If you want Mass Effect Lite, just buy The Bureau. It's even got Lift which was the best power in Mass Effect.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

blue squares posted:

I bought my last item and immediately regretted it: XCOM 2. I have a feeling I will be terrible at the game and give up, which is what happened with XCOM: EU and the first main mission that I could never beat. I am not good at hard games.

Jadestar is doing an LP of this one in case you need helps/tips/etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

succ posted:

How is Orwell? I've heard it's super linear and I could watch a Let's Play of it and get a similar effect.

There are branching bits within the story but they tend to impact character flavor more than anything else. Otherwise it's pretty linear until the end chapter. It's also super short, and I thought the ending was disappointing.

• Locked thread