Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
Steam Store died. Sale's over. Everybody go home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS

Furnaceface posted:

Zetsu recommend me some anime games again. Price doesnt matter. I need something to combat my depressing Christmas and anime is surely the cure. I have all the Neps (and all the bad CH/IF games), all the Final Fantasy games, and anything by NIS already. Thanks to your recommendations last year I also ended up with Akibas Trip, Long Live the Queen, Grandia II, Recettear, and Tales of Zestiria.

My friend, Rabi-Ribi is the answer.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/400910/

But only if you like metroidvanias.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS

Furnaceface posted:

I actually have that on my wishlist but Im not sure what metroidvanias are or if I like them. Im not a big fan of difficult games.

Oh. Hmm. Imagine a 2D action-platformer with a bunch of screens of varying sizes connected to each other that are meant to be explored. Secrets and power-ups hide everywhere.

The game is kind of hard though since the boss fights are bullet hell-ish, but I remember it being able to accommodate almost everyone with the huge amount of difficulties available for selection. If you die often in an area, it'll even give you a bunch of buffs to help you get through.

Maybe give it a low priority though if you're looking for a very laid back game instead.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Can anyone recommend any Tower Defense games? I've been in a weird mood for playing them lately and the Sanctum games never did anything for me.

Trap style defense would be Dungeon Warfare or the third-person variety, Orcs Must Die 1 & 2. Traditional tower defense would be Defense Grid 1 which I think is superior to 2. You could also try Gemcraft if you don't mind the flat graphics.

Immortal Defense and Defender's Quest are also other options you can look at.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS

Knightsoul posted:

I can't believe no one reccomended you yet "Infested Planet" : it's a great TD game! (also its DLC rocks)

Mrmmmm, I view it more as a great RTS.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS

Furnaceface posted:

Are there any bad player friendly fighting games with decent-ish solo mode? I have Skullgirls and... thats it for fighting games.

For story modes/single player, maybe the Mortal Kombat series?

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS
Yeah, I didn't like Tharsis either due to the dice hazards that could make half of the die faces unsafe... in the module that provides assists. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS

StrixNebulosa posted:

Asking for a friend: Cities Skylines, yea or nay?

It's a really good city sim with a focus on traffic management which means road layouts are important for bigger cities or they'll act like clogged arteries. Good fun.

• Locked thread