Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I've never played a Final Fantasy game, but I've always wanted to try FFX. Are the "Auto-save and 5 game boosters including high speed and no encounter modes" in the HD remaster enough to adjust the game to my modern sensibilities, or will I still have to grind?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

What are some good "zone out and listen to podcasts" games? Preferably something with a huge UI that I can play from the couch. Hearthstone is my go-to in this category right now.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Blood Dragon has one note that it hammers on for five hours. If you like that note, it's probably good, but I'm just exhausted by 80s nostalgia at this point.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Thinking about clearing out the bargain bin section of my wishlist. Any strong feelings about these four?

Will Massive Chalice hold me over if I loved XCOM but can't afford XCOM 2 yet?

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

FishBowlRobot posted:

Think I'm gonna bite the bullet and grab Vermintide while it's on sale. It seems like the Collector's Edition only provides cosmetic extras, so should I just get the standard edition or is the Fatshark bundle with the dlc and other games worth it?

I've never played the game, so I can't answer your question, but if you want Vermintide, you should probably pay $2 extra and pick it up from Humble Monthly, where you'll get Vermintide immediately and a whole bunch of other games at the start of January.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Sion posted:

Deus Ex Mankind Divided is not a lot until you add the DLC pack.

Is the DLC worth it.

I've been unimpressed with the DLC so far. A Criminal Past is a 40 minute section that should have been in the base game Ctrl + X'd into DLC. System Rift is better, but it's still really short and I would not pay $12 for it.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Could I play Shenzhen IO if I'm too stupid for TIS-100? It looks more user friendly, but I assume the puzzles ramp up in difficulty pretty quick.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

It's hard to talk about without spoiling anything, but Pony Island is great and definitely worth a buck fifty.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Jack's Flow posted:

Is the sandbox mode of The Long Dark good? I'm emboldened by the fact that Firewatch runs smoothly on my laptop, so I'm looking at games I didn't consider before.

The Long Dark is very good. It's the only survival game that I've really enjoyed, and they're consistently adding new content.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Justin_Brett posted:

Have two bucks from cards left on me, and I'm thinking about Hitman GO. Anything else around that price point worth considering?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vLzSh1UKgs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Are there ever any better deals on Witcher 3 DLC? I've barely started the main game, but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna want to go full completionist on it. That's going to take quite a while, so I may have time to wait for a better deal to roll around.

• Locked thread