Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Is the sandbox mode of The Long Dark good? I'm emboldened by the fact that Firewatch runs smoothly on my laptop, so I'm looking at games I didn't consider before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Lester Shy posted:

The Long Dark is very good. It's the only survival game that I've really enjoyed, and they're consistently adding new content.

Great, thanks. Picked it up. Also, everything Hitman: Absolution, Never Alone and Oxenfree.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
I'm a little confused by the Civilization: Beyond Earth reviews on Steam. Does the expansion, which seems to be liked, fix the problems people had with the game?

edit: Or is the main complaint just "It's Civ 5 with a new skin", which isn't a negative in my book.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Jan 1, 2017

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
I'm a little bit out of the loop here: is there a game on sale that plays like a modern version of Warlords 3: Darklords Rising? Turn-based strategy with a focus on pumping out units + combat, not so much city management?

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Lowen posted:

Age of Wonders 3.

Oh, that's perfect. I remember liking Shadow Magic a lot. Thank you.

edit: v Thanks. I decided to grab the whole thing at 50% off.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jan 1, 2017

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Thanks a lot for the Age of Wonders 3 recommendation. It took just half an hour to remind me why I put hundreds of hours into Master of Magic and Warlords 2 & 3. I can probably uninstall every other game on my laptop now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Edit: nm

Found my answer.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jan 2, 2017

• Locked thread