Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Some really good games that always go to basement-level prices during these sales:

-Alpha Protocol
-Alpha Protocol
-Payday 2 and its DLC
-Dark Souls 1 Prepare To Die Edition
-Alpha Protocol

Edit: I don't know if I agree with the below suggestion that all Dark Souls are worth it. Personal opinion is that 1 is a masterpiece and stands the test of time well, the other games in the series are great if you liked the first.

Atoramos fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Dec 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Shredder posted:

Hopefully we'll see some good deals on VR games so I don't have to buy poo poo on the crappy Oculus store

Impressions of all this stuff:

Thumper's on Steam, runs for the Vive and Rift direct from Steam, a good purchase.
The Climb is only on the Oculus store and is actually an incredible game with a ton of content. If it goes on sale again I actually do suggest it.
I Expect You To Die and Superhot are both quite good but short. Superhot is longer than I Expect You To Die.
If Subnautica goes on sale, grab it.

Also my game (Skeet) is gonna support the Rift in about a week or two, and is free. Currently on Steam but Oculus support is janky until the patch which also doubles the amount of content/adds leaderboards.

Atoramos fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Dec 22, 2016

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Shredder posted:

I'm totally getting Thumper and Space Pirate Trainer. Hoping for good deals on Technolust, NewRetroArcade, Hot Dogs etc, Raw Data and maybe Fantastic Contraption.
I assume you meant The Climb, I'm not sure I'd be into that one especially for $25+
Expect and Superhot are on my list, will have to wait and see if they show up as a daily on the Oculus sale.
I've got Subnautica but it made me violently ill when I got my Rift back in March, maybe I'll give it another go.

I will check out your game!

Some comments:

-I have no real experience with Technolust but I'm interested if you have any nonspoilery reviews worth reading. I wasn't the biggest fan of Raw Data, personally.
-NewRetroArcade makes you rig up your own roms, so be prepared to do that.
-I did mean The Climb. There's four well-detailed mountains, each with 5 or so levels, each level with quite a few paths you could take and things to find. Quite a bit or replayability, and I went in with low expectations.
-Superhot took me ~4 hours or so, IEYTD took ~1-2 hours. Just to set your expectations.
-I don't know if Subnautica would work better for you now. I was fine in a DK1/DK2 playing for hours, but as a dev who spends too much time in VR I'm probably the exception.
-Two other games that were very much Worth It for the Vive but I don't know about their Rift support include Pierhead Arcade and Audioshield. If you haven't tried it yet, Rec Room is also free and very fun, their charades/pictionary game is really something.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Shredder posted:

I'm 100% on board.

Thinking about things, we're going to need testers with Touch quite soon. If you (or anyone else, really) would like to check out our beta feel free to shoot me a PM and I'll get you a build, likely over the weekend.

re: Abzu, I don't know why I loved Journey but didn't like Abzu much. The game is gorgeous though, really love how they blend the underwater foliage into the terrain.

Atoramos fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Dec 22, 2016

• Locked thread