Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bruce Boxlicker
Jul 26, 2004

Fun Shoe
In between heavy load service errors, the prices of games are hopping around. I'm watching Dead by Daylight and it was $30 at 30% off, then it wasn't on sale and now it's $20 at 30% off. :wtc:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruce Boxlicker
Jul 26, 2004

Fun Shoe
It just deleted the contents of my cart. It's taken me 34 minutes to add 6 games and now they're gone. Goddamn. They're GONE!

Bruce Boxlicker
Jul 26, 2004

Fun Shoe

Antti posted:

Buying stuff during the first two hours is asking for trouble.

Trouble is my middle name. :downsbravo:

Bruce Boxlicker
Jul 26, 2004

Fun Shoe
Just picked up a steam controller and steam link on sale. Does the link work very well? I've got a nice new smart tv but somehow I just feel pretty skeptical that it can play games without massive latency.

Bruce Boxlicker
Jul 26, 2004

Fun Shoe

Xander77 posted:

On that note:

As is traditional, I'm handing out gifts on my birthday. Add me, and write the game up in the thread / ride the gift train in return.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Xander77/

Thank you for the copy of Brothers - A tale of two sons!

Bruce Boxlicker
Jul 26, 2004

Fun Shoe
I haven't done any badge hunting in a few years. What are these cards I'm getting? Is there a badge for this sale?

Bruce Boxlicker
Jul 26, 2004

Fun Shoe
Picked up:

The Final Station
Craft the World
Dead by Daylight
Vermintide

Here's hoping they're not all poo poo.

Bruce Boxlicker
Jul 26, 2004

Fun Shoe
Does the steam controller come with a wireless receiver/dongle?

Bruce Boxlicker
Jul 26, 2004

Fun Shoe
Returned Vermintide. Didn't realize it was crappy L4D:Warhammer Edition.

Bruce Boxlicker
Jul 26, 2004

Fun Shoe
That's what I get for walking in blind.

Bruce Boxlicker
Jul 26, 2004

Fun Shoe

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I mean I'm not gonna tell you you're wrong for not liking something but I can guarantee you that you didn't even scratch the surface of the melee system's depth.

It had a solid weapon feel to it. What is it that gives it enough depth that compels you to say that? Just curious what you like about it. It was within my two hour window so I'm not even going to pretend I scratched the surface of any aspect of the game.

I guess the blatant theft of mechanics that I wasn't prepared for kind of killed it for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruce Boxlicker
Jul 26, 2004

Fun Shoe

Nehru the Damaja posted:

There's just a lot involved in how the weapon patterns work, the difference on charged attack patterns, and the stamina system allowing for blocking and shoving. It gets really important against Stormvermin (the armored rats that hit like trucks), large hordes, and the Rat Ogre. There's people that can run the game on the hardest difficulty with garbage tier beginner weapons and no trinkets.

Like my favorite character and loadout is the Dwarf with the Axe/Shield combo. Against Stormvermin, I go for shield bashes (charged attacks) when I can get in free strikes and follow up the stagger with ordinary strikes to the head while they're staggered. Depending on difficulty, I might have to then put up block, shove them away and dodge to the side to make sure I don't catch an overhead strike. Put me in a team of beginners against a Rat Ogre and there's a pretty strong chance they'll be dying on the ground by the end of the fight and I won't have been hit.

I don't mean that to pretend to be hot poo poo or anything. Just using it as an example that the melee system really gives back to those who learn it. But it's not super apparent right away because you can cruise through Easy and Normal difficulties just kind of waving a sword at roughly head height and being forgiven for mistakes by the absolute deluge of health items the director throws at you.

Little late on the reply, my apologies. Not wanting to extend beyond my return window, I didn't make it to anything past normal difficulty and you know what? Your description of the experience sounds exactly like what I didn't like (beyond the mechanic theft of a game I already love) which leads me to believe that perhaps I was too hasty. I will rebuy this when the funds hit my account. Thank you for your input, I'd hate to think I jumped the gun and missed a gem. Is the DLC worth it? I saw there was two extra areas I couldn't access.

Bruce Boxlicker fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Dec 24, 2016

• Locked thread