Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Edmond Dantes posted:

Looking forward to recommending you buy Alien:Isolation every few pages, goons! :toot:

I look forward to still not buying Alien:Isolation every few pages as well! :dukedog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Edmond Dantes posted:

Still having that horrible taste in games I see.

I kid - I might pick it up someday, but I am a colossal baby that could really do without jump scares. I have provided a visual of me playing Alien:Isolation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVhEJSYrk9Y

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Steam's dyin', Cloud!

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Taima posted:

Yes! The best part of any Steam sale is trying to get a price error discount. A long time ago they had the Dishonored complete edition for $2.49 which was ludicrous at the time, that was the best error I've ever gotten personally. I'm sure better ones exist historically.

Metro Last Light for 1 cent was pretty rad. Although I think that was a different vendor. Possibly Best Buy or Gamestop or something.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Plan Z posted:

Since Steam is down, I guess I'll make a recommended list for titles that get overlooked or every may not know about :

Breath of Death VII/Cthulhu Saves the World: Two JRPG parodies/homages made by a company called Zeboyd. They try a little too hard with the humor sometimes, but the settings are unique and charming, and they both have really good turn-based battle systems that add neat mechanics to make them more challenging while removing some of the worse parts of those systems.

Zeboyd games is developing Cosmic Star Heroine, coming out in just over a week. It's apparently along the lines of Chrono Trigger:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytQNG5t8wCs

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

grrarg posted:

I'm in the mood for a turn-based dungeon crawler. Can anyone recommend one that isn't one of the usual suspects like Darkest Dungeon, Legend of Grimrock, Might & Magic X, or the Wizardries? I've played all of those.

You covered some of the good 3D ones there. Guild of Dungeoneering might be of interest to you. Super Dungeon Tactics came out the other day and might be worth a look. Both of these loosely fit your description, but I am struggling to think of other turn-based crawlers.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Thoughts on I Am Setsuna? I feel like someone has reviewed that here before. It appears to have Chrono Trigger inspired battle mechanics, which I am all for. No idea if the story is any decent.

It's either that or DOOM for me this year, and I hesitate on DOOM a bit from the demo. It runs well enough on my GTX 660 but I would much rather wait until I get a 1060 or something similar.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Zore posted:

Setsuna is just mediocre on every level. The writing is super uneven and boring, the combat is... okay but nothing special and it just feels soulless overall.

Its not... bad but DOOM is definitely more worth your money.

Appreciate the responses. I knew DOOM is worth the money, but I would rather wait to play it on a :krad: video card. Bummer about Setsuna.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

BigRed0427 posted:

question for Rise of Tomb Raider. The Syria level is clearly just a prequel mission. Am I able to go back to it later in the game for collectables?

Yes. As mentioned above, you need to beat the game first. Be advised, when looking at the map, you will have to scroll down a bit to see the area. It's not in the same neighborhood as the rest of the quick travel spots.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Edmond Dantes is a bro of the people and sent DOOM my way. He deserves any cheer sent his way this holiday season.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I ran across this sight yesterday, so please use it as a reminder to :getin: and play Steam games on this holy day:

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Huge thanks to Nekoxid for Shadow Warrior 2! It's great to see the OG gifting crew still out strong in 2016. Seriously a great bunch of goons.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Figured I would ask here as well:

I was able to pick up Metal Gear Solid V for $16 from DLGamer, but just noticed there is some DLC. Is any of it worth it, or is it all online/multiplayer garbage? I am all for paying $0.50 for a funny/cool outfit for the main campaign.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I'd like to personally apologize to everyone here for not playing Broforce before this sale. It's pure unfiltered fun.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

PantsBandit posted:

I've been playing with a bunch of friends and enjoying it quite a bit. That said it's very one-note and I can already feel myself getting tired of it.

I think that is most if the appeal for me. Feels good to turn the ol' brain off and blow bro poo poo up for 10 minutes here and there.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

GreatGreen posted:

Speaking of Witcher 3, did anybody ever come out with a mod to calm the wind down a bit so the trees aren't always freaking out like they're in the middle of a hurricane?

If you can't appreciate Geralt's beautiful hair blowing wildly while he is standing inside of a house, I don't know what to tell you.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
For those that asked about good co-op games during the sale, I forgot to mention Renegade Ops. It's a twin stick shooter where you can choose between tank or normal driving mode, yet only one option for things exploding - everything. I played this with quite a few goons years ago and had a blast. The base game isn't on sale, but the complete edition is. I assume they did it that way so people don't pick up the base content on accident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Benagain posted:

I'm going back and forth on getting the steam controller and link, anyone have words on that? Been looking at the reviews and since I'm looking to play a lot of turn based games from the comfort of my couch I figure it meets my needs. I like shooters but I can switch back to mouse + keyboard.

I have the link and love it. I get hiccups from time to time (which was awful when playing Hyper Light Drifter), but I use TP Link Ethernet over power so I think it was due to big influxes of power like the furnace kicking in and such. You should have zero issues with turn based games, even if you had to use wireless. It was especially handy to toss up Quiplash and Drawful 2 on the upstairs TV for NYE guests the other night. Worth it for that alone.

• Locked thread