Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

yeah the boneyard is a junkyard (not a scrapyard) but since theres a lotta superdelicate parts they take good care of em for junkers to make sure the fancy parts dont get cucked by the heat/sand. the relatively dry climate def helps here too yeah

but gently caress man just think what you could do if you got a couple buddies with sledgehammers and pickups, you could cart off tons of beautiful metal to sell to a scrapyard holy trumpin poo poo

This is a pretty good video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPztwXRO7uc

The boneyard pic is pretty much a monument to awe inspiring level of waste created by the US military industrial complex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

I hope that was only because f is next to c, 2016 was bad enough without cuck becoming a permanent part of common vocabulary

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
a stranger is loving my plane wife

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Darkman Fanpage posted:

a stranger is loving my plane wife

i think i heard of that anime

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG18hZYEBj0

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
it is a desert pun

cooked -> cucked jeez where the gently caress yall been all 20 goddam 16

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

ew, gross american cartoons

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

8 years of the cuck meme lol

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Nenonen posted:

Fortunately they're not going to be completely retired anywhere soon:

that loving rabbit has hoarded honey for the last time

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

etalian posted:

This is a pretty good video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPztwXRO7uc

The boneyard pic is pretty much a monument to awe inspiring level of waste created by the US military industrial complex.

it's actually kind of the opposite since a lot of it gets recycled

pretend I posted that picture of Huey's getting kicked off the deck of a carrier post fall of Saigon here

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nenonen posted:

I hope that was only because f is next to c, 2016 was bad enough without cuck becoming a permanent part of common vocabulary

too late, there was a meme war this year and kek won

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Cuck!

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Cuck is the word of 2016 for better or worse

I personally think the sheer concept of cuck seeping somewhat into the mainstream vernacular is hilarious

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

pls change thread title to The F-35 Cuckning II

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
C-SPAM: THANKS DONALD! > The F-35 Lightning II: Pilot Death Is A Feature, Not A Cuck

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-M9jA1INk8
I thought this was releveant, does this guy actually know his stuff? A lot of it is way over my head but dumbed down enough to where I can sorta comprehend it. I will admit his scenarios seem a little far fetched at time in relying on long chains of events but I have no idea how the modern air force really operates beyond what I saw in Top Gun. :911:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Crotch Fruit posted:

I thought this was releveant, does this guy actually know his stuff? A lot of it is way over my head but dumbed down enough to where I can sorta comprehend it. I will admit his scenarios seem a little far fetched at time in relying on long chains of events but I have no idea how the modern air force really operates beyond what I saw in Top Gun. :911:

it's pretty legit he knows enough to compare them in a situation that would happen in the real world instead of the mythical 1 vs 1 dogfight people seem to think happens all the time

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Cuck is the word of 2016 for better or worse

I personally think the sheer concept of cuck seeping somewhat into the mainstream vernacular is hilarious

it got to the "gently caress" point of not meaning anything anymore alarmingly fast

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Concordat posted:

didn't people call the F-4 Phantom II ugly.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

i am quoting this again so i can see how wrong you are again holy gently caress best probation ever

I love it.

I was just recalling one of the nicknames given to it, how could I possibly hate a plane this happy?

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Concordat posted:

I love it.

I was just recalling one of the nicknames given to it, how could I possibly hate a plane this happy?

:buddy:!

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

VikingSkull posted:

aw how cute you think the US isn't an aggressive empire

why doesn't Blackwater have fighter planes we can hire

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

FuturePastNow posted:

why doesn't Blackwater have fighter planes we can hire

you know, I'm not sure

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
so i stumbled across a youtube series that seems to be done well, that makes a different case then what's been said so far, dunno how accurate it is but it's interesting and informative at least

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtZNBkKdO5U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyHlp7tJrxY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31oJIo8EVwY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9s7-3EUXC_w

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

The sources cited range from reputable but outdated to "image some guy made using Powerpoint in Norwegian"

Very compelling?

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

lockheed u so stupid!
why you namin it lightning two?! aint none a yall know lighning cant strike twice

DUNCE!

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Concordat posted:

The sources cited range from reputable but outdated to "image some guy made using Powerpoint in Norwegian"

Very compelling?
My guess is that is from the f-35 program by the Norwegian government

That giant loving logo in the bottom right would suggest that, at least, but this is a tough case to crack and I'm no sherlock holmes, so maybe if someone cam do some CSI style enhancing, we can solve this mystery wrapped in an enigma

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Concordat posted:

Very compelling?

lol if you think any government project, including 11-figure ones, have any graphic design standards or use modern communication software

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

rudatron posted:

My guess is that is from the f-35 program by the Norwegian government

That giant loving logo in the bottom right would suggest that, at least, but this is a tough case to crack and I'm no sherlock holmes, so maybe if someone cam do some CSI style enhancing, we can solve this mystery wrapped in an enigma

Why you gotta be so rude? Anyway.

By all appearances, yes, but that's still a lovely citation since it's just an imgur link and not a link to the full presentation it was pulled from.

theflyingexecutive posted:

lol if you think any government project, including 11-figure ones, have any graphic design standards or use modern communication software

I would think they would at least match the shade of black on the slide and the logo.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Sorry, I'm just snarky sometimes

Anyway, I thought it was good

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Concordat posted:

I would think they would at least match the shade of black on the slide and the logo.

why, exactly, would you think that

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Cause they went through the trouble of having the little black border on the bottom of the slide rise so it can contain the logo, so why stop there?

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

theflyingexecutive posted:

Hey, go easy on them. They started 2 years before internet explorer.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Crotch Fruit posted:

"Sort of a mixed bag but I guess we have the edge maybe" is not exactly the result I want from a jet that costs 5-6 times its adversary.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

it's inaccurate video since in this hypothetical showdown the F-35s were able to take off

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

lockheed u so stupid!
why you namin it lightning two?! aint none a yall know lighning cant strike twice

DUNCE!

F-35 II: Lightning Returns

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

The Oldest Man posted:

"Sort of a mixed bag but I guess we have the edge maybe" is not exactly the result I want from a jet that costs 5-6 times its adversary.

no but see 1v1 dogfights don't happen, if it outnumbers the enemy in extremely specific circumstances then it might be able to match a way older and less expensive jet

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

blamegame posted:

F-35 II: Lightning Returns

F-35 Lighting II: Electric Boogaloo

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
F-35: Alive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU