Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
So Games Workshop is good and cool now, eh?

Everyone who posts in this thread agrees with this very premise. Good show, GW!

TKIY fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jun 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

i would like to talk about star wars and/or anime

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

ZeroCount posted:

Gundams are cool. They robit as gently caress.

But not 00. More like Turn A. The right balance is somewhere between Wing and Iron Blood. Definitely not Victory. Let's not even bring up SEED.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Games Workshop is a good company which I continue to support with my patronage :)

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.
FACT CHECK: Gundams are garbage and GW is bad

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Warlord Games is also trying to take your hard earned GW monies. 2017 sneak peek:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Jeb Bush 2012 posted:

Official thread position.

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.
speaking of things that are bad, it sounds like whatever cancer infects RPS's boardgames coverage has metastasised https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/12/23/learning-to-love-imbalance-in-strategy-games/

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

ZeroCount posted:

Would you buy a $250 Jyn Erso waifu doll if it had an anime aesthetic instead of an uncanny valley one?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Giving GW money or spending money on raffle tickets in a F2P game: which is worse???

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Jeb Bush 2012 posted:

speaking of things that are bad, it sounds like whatever cancer infects RPS's boardgames coverage has metastasised https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/12/23/learning-to-love-imbalance-in-strategy-games/

Fun fact about dropzone commander and most CMoN mini games (Wrath of Kings and Dark Age): they hold tournaments to gauge balance in their armies and make minor corrections to things. They are also really good games with good backgrounds that are fun. In fact, the balance makes them MORE fun because you accidentally didn't pick the "joke" faction (see Orks/Tyranids) so you can stand a chance to win in a game.

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug
In 2017 this thread's official position will be 'give GW money'. These are my words, and through me you will know truth.

Buy more Space Marines

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I bought Calth. Well two of them. I am a poor judge of financial implications.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

LordAba posted:

Fun fact about dropzone commander and most CMoN mini games (Wrath of Kings and Dark Age): they hold tournaments to gauge balance in their armies and make minor corrections to things. They are also really good games with good backgrounds that are fun. In fact, the balance makes them MORE fun because you accidentally didn't pick the "joke" faction (see Orks/Tyranids) so you can stand a chance to win in a game.

Weird and unnatural.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

LordAba posted:

Don't ever talk about balance in the 40k thread. I tried that the other day and posts like "the game has never been balanced so why try now?" were common.

That said, apparently some GW guys are taking part in the team games at Adepticon. I'm real curious to see how they do. :v:

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

TKIY posted:

Who else can I give my hard earned dollaroos to?
Corvus Belli has all your anime ninja robot needs covered with Infinity.

do this and come to the thread to discuss do not visit the official forums as they are as bad as gw

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Cat Face Joe posted:

do this and come to the thread to discuss do not visit the official forums as they are as bad as gw

Out here a lot of Warmahorde players jumped to infinity which could explain that.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I bought Space Hulk.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Seriously, the forums are the worst part of Infinity, and that's including Combined Army and the old bad sculpts, like the very special operative here.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I'm watching Star Wars Rebels

also :gas:

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

I like this thread, the other op was some dire poo poo.

doing p well on the not giving GW money front here because I'm learning to love Vallejo paints even though half of them are hosed when you buy em. :thumbsup:

E: and the new sisters of battle suck. More spindly floating bullshit and a sigmarine paintjob woop woop.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Mantic's Warpath pledges are now filtering down to their backers and tentative readings of the rulebook (for vanilla Warpath and for Warpath: Firefight) point to it being a good game. So it should do for 40k what KoW did for WHFB in terms of filling that niche.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Drone posted:

Mantic's Warpath pledges are now filtering down to their backers and tentative readings of the rulebook (for vanilla Warpath and for Warpath: Firefight) point to it being a good game. So it should do for 40k what KoW did for WHFB in terms of filling that niche.

Quick let's all go into the Age of the Emperor thread and tell them to play Warpath.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Moola I thought we had something special :(

I got Ettin to ok the thread anyhow.

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh
Please add this to the OP thanks in advance:

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

Paralithodes Californiensis
Where's the thread to make fun of you guys for sperging out in the AoS thread.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Dirt Worshipper posted:

its this thread

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

TKIY posted:

Moola I thought we had something special :(

I got Ettin to ok the thread anyhow.

I love you and seasons greetings my friend!

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Moola posted:

I'm watching Star Wars Rebels

also :gas:

Rebels is good. Just started Season 2 and Vader is just a goddamn DEMON.

And my Warpath KS Dorf jump squad and hero with doggie came in the Mail. I might have them assembled before the heat death of the universe maybe.

Also glad to see the thread back.

Desiden
Mar 13, 2016

Mindless self indulgence is SRS BIZNS
I have warpath stuff coming, including the space dwarfs. I am strongly considering painting them in Sigmarine colors (though not with GW paints because I'm not that stupid). Also possibly emulating some of the "classic" signmarine poses, like having someone sticking a trumpet in their eyehole or aiming with a shoulderpad blocking the way.

Other options under consideration include bright chrome and/or sparkles, to make them Flash Gordon meets Liberace levels of fabulous.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

I think I'm gonna do my Squats Forge Fathers in some kind of bronze/tin color scheme to make them look a little dieselpunky.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Jeb Bush 2012 posted:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
They say if you're bad around the holidays the Krampus will come and steal your credit cards then give GW your money. He uses the models as torture for naughty kids by making them paint all the over done details

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Moola posted:

I love you and seasons greetings my friend!

Thank you Mr skeltal

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Dirt Worshipper posted:

Here. And then we'll mock you in the AoS thread so you can mock us for that.

It's meta all the way down.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
I wouldn't compare GW to an 800 pound gorilla; as 2016 has proven, the latter actually do die

:negative:

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Autism Sneaks posted:

I wouldn't compare GW to an 800 pound gorilla; as 2016 has proven, the latter actually do die

:negative:

Dicks out.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Dicks out for Tom Kirby

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Is it moral to give GW money if you get a gift voucher for Christmas? Asking for a friend...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Is it moral to give GW money if you get a gift voucher for Christmas? Asking for a friend...

GW has already been given money so I think you are clear?

• Locked thread