Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

The 2015 Golden Wonderhangers thread is this way

Hello, and welcome to the second annual Golden Wonderhanger* awards!

Modeled after D&D's Gay Abortions Awards, the Golden Wonderhangers are BFC's opportunity to commemorate the year in Bad With Money. There are 8 categories, including the Worst With Money grand prize :toot:

The Process
Anyone who wishes to submit nominations has until 23:59 Central on January 2 to post their nominees. For each category, quote a single post from 2016. You don't have to have a nominee for each category. Every poster is allowed one post in which they nominate submissions. If you'd like to add to or change your nominees, please edit that post before 23:59 Central on January 2.

Voting will begin immediately after the submissions are compiled into the post below this one. The votes will be tallied and results will be announced by whenever I get around to it in January. Probably like a week later since I gotta move into the house I just bought (nominate me :v:). Vote for each category by naming the category and the letter indicating that item (you'll see what I mean when I compile the nominations).

The Judges
Your judges are me and Nail Rat. The judges may agree to veto any submission, or trim a list if there are too many nominees. Please ask me if you have questions about the Golden Wonderhangers Awards or any part of the nomination and voting processes.

What to do
Please quote or link posts from 2015 for each of the categories you want to nominate in. Remember, you don't have to do every category if you don't have nominations for each one.
Please save discussions, advocacy, etc for until the nomination period is complete. I'm not gonna be a hardass about this but it helps keep the thread cleaner.
Nominations must connect to something that occurred on SA in 2016. For example, a blog post from 2013 is fair game if it was discussed on SA in 2016. A crowdfunding plea from three weeks ago is invalid if it was not discussed anywhere on SA before I posted this thread.

The Categories
  • Biggest BFC trainwreck thread
  • Funniest Redditor
  • Worst mainstream media article
  • Worst social media/crowdfunding/personal anecdote
  • Worst BWM from elsewhere on SA
  • Best (worst?) derail
  • Most eyerolling humblebrag

We will also award an overall grand prize to the Worst With Money example out of all of these. I'll explain how this is determined once it's time for voting.

OK, get to nominating! This OP is mainly copied from last year's and seems to have worked well, but please tell me if there's anything you don't understand and I'll fix it.

*If you don't know, search "zaurg"

pig slut lisa fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Dec 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

reserved

vvvvv Thanks for the sticky :respek:

pig slut lisa fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Dec 24, 2016

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

Thanks to everyone who's nominated so far. There are still lots of good items out there for all the categories, so keep submitting your nominations!

As a reminder, your nomination needs to either link or quote a post to be included for voting. The only category where this rule doesn't apply is the derail one.

Also, I accidentally included "Worst With Money (overall grand prize)" as a category. You actually don't need to nominate anything for this; we'll decide this during the voting. I've edited the OP to clarify.

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

I'm sorry, I died for awhile. I'm going to rethink the best way to honor the worst with money, but I don't think this format is it.

• Locked thread