Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Snooze Cruise posted:

i should be rewarded for this

you got a pizza

you're not getting a congratulatory pizza as a reward for finagling me out of a pizza

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
tobbs buy me a pizza

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

got some chores tonight posted:

tobbs buy me a pizza

we had like $50 in papa john's gift cards etc. that we got from groupon thinking that there was a papa john's in town (FU google maps) that we were desperately searching for someone to offload to but you are like a week too late

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

tobbs buy me a sandwich

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

tobbs buy me a sandwich

The best I can do for you is let you paypal me $5 and then we will both tell everyone that I bought you something and you gloat to the mafia people.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
This just in!

I bought chores a Sandwich!

It is a real good sandwich and way more real than an internet spaceship.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

its actually a salad

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

its actually a salad

Bread is in alpha and still isn't ready for the public but trust me it's a sandwich and was very expensive.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Yeah chores just eat the sandwich tobbs got you:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I wonder what kind of sandwich is the most likely to be had sex with. Maybe deli ham, with all those slices of meat. Or maybe people are just crazy about putting their bologna in the bologna

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Snooze Cruise posted:

i should be rewarded for this

I agree

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Voting is up!

https://goo.gl/forms/wD3WAs4hlR0P3hwh2

Polls will stay open for some length of time, at least till the end of the weekend. Don't delay, vote now!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

voted an all shine card, also I didn't play any of those games

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I voted to make Podima eat a bug.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

idgi League III was the best game of the year

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I am so mad nobody nominated me for mojo jojo.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

why cant i vote for myself as best new player this ballot sucks

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Good evening everyone, and welcome to the results of the 2016 Lylos! :peanut: We had a stellar 33 votes - and if you didn't vote, you're just a terrible person. So sorry.

Let's start off with the Moderator awards:

First and foremost, with over half of the votes, who else could the Biggest Bastard be but Ecco?!

Largely owing to recent events, the Most Valiant Attempt to Stop Mafia goes to PMom for spoiling Taste's Dead Celebrities Mafia game! However, it is worth pointing out that Allen Wren collectively secured second place for his Mafia simulations and poo poo-Talking Board Games!

Last but not least, in a hard-fought battle where the top 4 options were within 10% of each other, the Best Moderator Intervention goes to Podima (it's me!), for modkilling the poo poo out of Mags for accidentally posting his role PM in Shine III!
Runners-up included Absurd Revolver double-killing Moat, CPig loving with his players in the CYOA for Final Fantasy II, and Little Mac's lack of action when faced with Taste's posting of a fake role PM in The League III.

Podima fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jan 11, 2017

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Next up, the Player awards. You're all honestly terrible, but some of these voters seem to disagree. How odd.

We had a great crop of new players for 2016, but a whopping 50% of voters named this is a stickup as the Best New Player of 2016, with Tobbs Gnawed not too far behind!

As for the Best Scum Player... :siren: we have a TIE! :siren: Lord of Hats and this is a stickup take it home for the bad guys!

Getting their due recognition, the Best Scumteam award goes to the Cloaks scumteam of King Burgundy, CPig, and Quidnose!

The rapidly-renamed MelvinTheJerk's S C U M H U N T E R Award for 2016 goes to King Burgundy! You can choose whether you think that's a compliment or not.

As the only nominee, Most Improved for 2016 naturally goes to Tobbs Gnawed! However, here are some of the write-in votes for posterity:
Absurd Revolver
BottleKnight
Jimson
jivjov
Retro Futurist. One day they could be as good as a Veteran player such as Opopanax
and of course, who else but.... Bernie Sanders!

When it came down to it, deciding the Ballsiest Play came down to a single vote. In the end, Taste posting a fake role PM in League III won out over a close second of this is a stickup in Shine III for their sick nasty claim!

Best Shitposter... whoo boy. Let's just say congratulations to CCKeane who poo poo all over the two competitors that tied for second place, got some chores tonight and Birdstrike/SLASHER HAWKE!

Last but not least for this category, the Best Post of 2016 goes to....

quote:

i used to love mislynching ppl but now im all like 'hmm if i were mislynched by powerful demagogue dongsbot 9000, i would not like that'
- got some chores tonight (In re Lacenda)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
imgay didn't even win one!

I blame Harry and the Hendersons being all the way back in January. :argh:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Last but not least, it's time to observe the Mafia Games that people recognized for 2016, largely with their stellar short-term memory.

Seizing a decisive majority of the vote, the Most Innovative Game of 2016 clearly goes to Mr. Robot Mafia by Max!

Ensnaring us all in dramatic struggles that would shape the future of many games to come, the Best Flavour of the year was found in Ecco's games, including The Conquest of Qal and The Nuns of Nolasko!

On the quirky side of things, the Weirdest Game award goes to Fantasy CPig Final 1's! Or something like that.

Taking a regretful look back at what could have been, it should surprise few that the Biggest Heartbreaker of 2016 was Dead Celebrities 2016 by Jonathan Fisk/Taste.

And last of all... I'll be honest here, this is a little bit embarrassing to announce. But thank you all very much for voting Shine III as The 2016 Game of the Year!! I look forward to bringing you more excellent games in the new year.
~~~
Thank you again to everyone who nominated and voted for this happy little circlejerk!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Podima posted:

First and foremost, with over half of the votes, who else could the Biggest Bastard be but Ecco?!
Thank you, thank you, I am indeed a big jerk.

Podima posted:

Ensnaring us all in dramatic struggles that would shape the future of many games to come, the Best Flavour of the year was found in Ecco's games, including The Conquest of Qal and The Nuns of Nolasko!

Thank you, thank you, I am indeed a beautiful writer.

Podima posted:

And last of all... I'll be honest here, this is a little bit embarrassing to announce. But thank you all very much for voting Shine III as The 2016 Game of the Year!! I look forward to bringing you more excellent games in the new year.

RIGGED. RIGGED. RRRRRRRRIIIIIIGGGGEEEEDDDD #MMGA #RIGGED #FRAUD #IWON #BIGLY

congrats podima I will be sure to run a 100 person game in 2017

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jan 11, 2017

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

My mom taught me: stop all the mafia games you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, at all the times you can, as long as ever you can. :toot:

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Podima posted:

As for the Best Scum Player... :siren: we have a TIE! :siren: Lord of Hats and this is a stickup take it home for the bad guys!

:woop:

I'll be honest, I still go back and reread the end Qal, because god drat did that ever feel good.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Qal was right

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

That being the great wizard, of course

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm not sure how to take a most improved nod when I've been here for 6 or 7 years

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Podima posted:

Next up, the Player awards. You're all honestly terrible, but some of these voters seem to disagree. How odd.

We had a great crop of new players for 2016, but a whopping 50% of voters named this is a stickup as the Best New Player of 2016, with Tobbs Gnawed not too far behind!

As the only nominee, Most Improved for 2016 naturally goes to Tobbs Gnawed! However, here are some of the write-in votes for posterity:
Absurd Revolver
BottleKnight
Jimson
jivjov
Retro Futurist. One day they could be as good as a Veteran player such as Opopanax
and of course, who else but.... Bernie Sanders!

Agreed, stickers is better.

I wrote in Bernie Sanders because only losers self-vote.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

The Lord of Hats posted:

I'll be honest, I still go back and reread the end Qal, because god drat did that ever feel good.

I'm surprised it was close! stickup is a solid scum player but you dominated Qal (the man and the game). I blame the recency effect.

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Qal was right

🔥

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I proudly accept the best flavor and best game award for League III. Thank you all.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i dont even know why thats a good post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Yay I won things!

• Locked thread