Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paraquat
Nov 25, 2006

Burp
Well, my mother died on Christmas day three years ago, so I guess the festivities will never be actually festive.at least not until my father dies. But yeah, I'm guessing the most painful christmasses are behind us now at some level.
This year my youngest brother will be hosting the first Christmas day with a tapas dinner, starting at 15 pm. I'm actually looking forward to it. And yes, booze will be had. Ha!

After the first day with all of the family on my end, there's second Christmas day. I'm Dutch, so that is a legitimate holiday. Anyway the family of the BF is in America, so that will be a Christmas dinner between the two of us. So far we have an "ezeltje", which means donkey when you litterally translate it, but it is a part of the loin region of a cow as far as I know. Potato gratin and a stir fry of brussels sprouts, sweet pointed peppers and chestnuts will most likely be had with that, but I wouldnt mind a solid idea for an appetizer!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paraquat
Nov 25, 2006

Burp

Suspect Bucket posted:

Like a roast beef tenderloin, potato gratin, sprouts and peppers? A quick dish of oven green beans wouldn't go astray. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/229349/roasted-green-beans/

Condolences about your mom :(

Thanks, totally not recommending duplication of that, btw ;-)

The green beans are actually a great idea, I'm a fan and the linked recipe sounds great!

Happy Holidays!

paraquat
Nov 25, 2006

Burp

ookuwagata posted:

I'd consider this a success given that I only poisoned one person.

(I was not told about the shellfish allergy at any time whatsoever before dinner)

technically, you did not poison that person....I do hope you still consider it a success.

• Locked thread