Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
best soup
French Onion
Creamy Potato
Chicken Noodle
Gumbo... the answer is gumbo
View Results

• Locked thread
Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

This game is a sequel to the PS3 action/Rpg hybrid NieR. It's designed and directed by the guy who made Revengeance. It looks incredible and is coming out soon

:siren: The demo is now available!!! :siren:

Unexpected Raw Anime fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Dec 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Looks cool. Is it coming on PC

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rediscover posted:

Looks cool. Is it coming on PC

Yes

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

I'm going to buy it

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

rediscover posted:

I'm going to buy it

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

PLAY THE DEMO

-protagonist is a total babe
-huge insane over the top bosses like mgr
-combat is fun and addictive
-game looks and feels incredible

The camera work is incredible. It's so good at seamlessly moving you from play a third person action game to a 3D side scroller to a top-down beat up that it ssometimes disorienting when you spend a lot of time in one and then as you move it pulls you back into third person.

So far you don't parry but executing perfect dodges against the red light cue towards an enemy gives you a special combo but executing it away from something gives you iframes. The customization menus look really deep.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Oh my god...

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

il check this out tomorrow when i get the ps4 but today, way down south they call it jambalya

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

HORMELCHILI posted:

il check this out tomorrow when i get the ps4 but today, way down south they call it jambalya

Jambalaya isn't a soup but certainly is delicious

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Jambalaya is MFing amazeballs.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'll give the demo a try tonight, maybe

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The boss is epic and it's crazy that the hardest setting on this game is all attacks OHKO

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

The boss is epic and it's crazy that the hardest setting on this game is all attacks OHKO

The five minute span where I went from top down beat em up to third person fighting a massive enemy to piloting a motherfucking mobile suit/jet fighter were too intense for this gamer

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

i'll give the demo a try tonight, maybe

Play it, it isn't super long but it's really fun

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

The five minute span where I went from top down beat em up to third person fighting a massive enemy to piloting a motherfucking mobile suit/jet fighter were too intense for this gamer

They did all that stuff in the last Nier but it wasn't handled as smoothly. They also play with genre conventions a lot, like one chapter was all fixed camera angles creepy mansion horror style and another was more like Zelda open plains and stuff. And more wild ones I won't spoil but people who have played know what happens in stuff like the forest of dreams. If automata is that again with better mechanics its a game of the decade contender easy.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
nier is so effing good

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

In Training posted:

They did all that stuff in the last Nier but it wasn't handled as smoothly. They also play with genre conventions a lot, like one chapter was all fixed camera angles creepy mansion horror style and another was more like Zelda open plains and stuff. And more wild ones I won't spoil but people who have played know what happens in stuff like the forest of dreams. If automata is that again with better mechanics its a game of the decade contender easy.

i still maintain that the text segment in the second half of nier was the best boss fight of the last generation

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
playing through nier again and man, I don't know exactly what it is and if I tried to nail it down i'd sound like a retard, but its one of the most interesting games ever to me. Taro Yoko is a really cool dude and I'd like to meet him someday

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I've never gotten past the first hour of NieR and I really don't have a good reason. I should just play it already

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I played the demo of AutomatA and it is Extremely GOod

wanna replay it on Hard tomorrow i think

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

holy lol hard mode does not gently caress around in this game

HUGE damage amp, more aggressive enemies(!), faster enemies(!!), new moves on everything(!!!)

demo owns, hopefully game owns

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Ciaphas posted:

holy lol hard mode does not gently caress around in this game

HUGE damage amp, more aggressive enemies(!), faster enemies(!!), new moves on everything(!!!)

demo owns, hopefully game owns

platinum ftw

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

where#s my PC demo platinum

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I wish there was some way to play Nier on a PS4. I sold my PS3 and I'm really autistic about playing games in the right order.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

fadam posted:

I wish there was some way to play Nier on a PS4. I sold my PS3 and I'm really autistic about playing games in the right order.

I believe it's on PSNow. If you've got a good connection the service works great

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

goferchan posted:

I believe it's on PSNow. If you've got a good connection the service works great

It's not :(

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

fadam posted:

It's not :(

Wow that's lame, there was a PSN blog post in June of this year saying it had just been added. They take stuff off sometime but I didn't know they did it so quickly

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I think psnow (my phone autocorrects that to penis 😭) works like video streaming services where they rotate the content

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
can I play this with kb and mouse???

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Probably but I'm going to assume given the nature of the game it would be completely fucktarded to do so

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Goa Tse-tung posted:

That sounds terrible

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Goa Tse-tung posted:

why wold you, that sounds awful

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

i dont understand why someone PC games in 2016 without a gamepad. ps4, steam controller, xbox one controller, the world is your oyster

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the robot has a butthole

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

HORMELCHILI posted:

i dont understand why someone PC games in 2016 without a gamepad. ps4, steam controller, xbox one controller, the world is your oyster
What's the steam controller like

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

It's cool, neir would play fine with it. The bottom paddles would actually be great to map to shooting

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

fadam posted:

Don't you have to play Drakengard then?

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

nier had the best soundtrack

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

elf help book posted:

platinum ftw

Yep.

It'll probably only be 6-8 hours long as usual from them, but it'll be nonstop greatness for as long as it lasts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Technically it's a SE game, Platinum just made the fights fun.

• Locked thread