Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
best soup
French Onion
Creamy Potato
Chicken Noodle
Gumbo... the answer is gumbo
View Results

• Locked thread
an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

ignoring cheevos > buying cheevos > earning cheevos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soral
May 30, 2009

i earned all the cheevos with nothing but my own two hands and my battle-honed gaming power, and i'm glad that i did. farewell.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I bought the fishing one and the max level upgrade one which meant I never actually got to do the secret boss

folder
Oct 9, 2016
I've been listening to the music box version of peaceful sleep and thinking about memories.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I had a dream last night that I was listening to the medley version of weight of the world and when it changed language it transitioned into Swediah Chef language and was singing "and a hurdy de gurdy durr, and a hurdy gurdy gumparump, it's leek I gumparump dee burdy de hrum" and I laughed so hard I woke up

Soral
May 30, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I had a dream last night that I was listening to the medley version of weight of the world and when it changed language it transitioned into Swediah Chef language and was singing "and a hurdy de gurdy durr, and a hurdy gurdy gumparump, it's leek I gumparump dee burdy de hrum" and I laughed so hard I woke up

thanks for the update, larry

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

exciting Nier news!!

Tatumje posted:

Good News!:
Famitsu recently interviewed the core dev team behind Automata: Yosuke Saito (producer), Takahisa Taura (game designer), Keiiche Okabe (composer), Asahiko Yoshida (character designer), and best boy Yoko Taro. Everyone is willing participate in a sequel, and they even seem mildly optimistic about the chances of Square Enix greenlighting a NieR 1 remake.

When asked about plans for the tenth anniversary of NieR’s release (April 22, 2020), Yoko Taro suggested they should release a “rather crappy social game” and transitioned to talking about his involvement with SINoALICE.

Edit:
I’m calling it now. NieR 1 remake and NieR 3 will happen.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nier Automata was kind of already a Nier 1 remake

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I'd much rather get a Nier 3 than a 1 remake, or maybe just any new Yoko game. Maybe they could have a different team do a remaster?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

an actual dog posted:

I'd much rather get a Nier 3 than a 1 remake, or maybe just any new Yoko game. Maybe they could have a different team do a remaster?
I doubt he'd be involved in a remake, he's a superstar now. as he deserves

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
https://twitter.com/0jenzee0/status/890998205378252800

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

problematic

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

STFU >:(

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

it's cool to be horny for 2b

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

a2 is more kawaii

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Operator-san

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

mysterious loyall X posted:

a2 is more kawaii

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Romeo 2 ftw

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
is nier 1 good enough to play ? like, the gameplay.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Not really and the story is pretty similar to Automata anyway

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
nier 1 combat and exploration is as mindless as in automata but not nearly as flashy so you notice it more

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i liked the combat in automata .. i was on hard mode and not relying on the shield pods or healing items though, i started on normal mode but it seemed way too easy like that

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah on hard you have to be mega careful. The first one is just a worse version of the same Combat ideas and it's easier. It's also short and it has beautiful music and bosses so it might be worth a play anyway

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

thank you phone for auto capitalizing combat in case I was talking about the Atari classic

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
I like playing the original Nier more. Can't really justify it in any concrete ways, but it's one of the most relaxing things in the world imo

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NqPcoepWTI

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
read a let's play & listen to the music

the sa lp of it is pretty good

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i liked playing nier 1

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

https://twitter.com/mashxtowin/status/902102826188288002

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jesus

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
10 things Nier doesn't tell you! Everything is answered by the npc you're introduced to as being able to tell you important things about the game

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
one of the first things the game says is that you cant autosave. and then it tells you again in the bunker

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

looks like their thoughts on Nier, are Far from accurate

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
btw this is a pro click, http://music.rozen.audio/album/nier-glory-to-mankind

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
I already want another Yoko Taro game. I've been attempting the Drakengard 3 final boss for the last 3 years and I'm getting so close to the end that I don't want to beat it because I've been working on it so long. I really loving like the stuff he does in games and it pisses me off that I can't determine exactly what those things are

klapman fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Sep 3, 2017

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
thinkin about ending e

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

bump_fn posted:

thinkin about ending e

crying

klapman