Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
best soup
French Onion
Creamy Potato
Chicken Noodle
Gumbo... the answer is gumbo
View Results

• Locked thread
jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
DS4 uses direct input so the game also has to support it to work p&p. Use a xinput emulator like x360ce to play the rest. DS4 for PC gaming rules!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

If it's just used for selecting items sometimes or w/e it does the job

see, an important gamefeel for me is menus. if i cant navigate thru a good equipment menu or whatever with a good dpad, im not trying to game. its that simple

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

rediscover posted:

worst case scenario u need ds4windows but in my experience you just plug it in and it works. usually

input mapper works better i even paid 2 dollars for i

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Played the demo and it was awesome. Will be buying this.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

mysterious loyall X posted:

input mapper works better i even paid 2 dollars for i

o.o

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I wanna hook up my wii u controllers to pc because I'm not really using them for the wii u lol

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
I get super annoyed by how cheap & shoddy the dualshocks are built

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

:] i like to read post :]
i have a xbox360 controller for my personal computer and the d pad is trash but it's otherwise oK

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
It sucks that the XBO Elite controller is too expensive to recommend because it's easily the best and most comfortable controller I have. Controllers are really overpriced in general now IMHO

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

It sucks that the XBO Elite controller is too expensive to recommend because it's easily the best and most comfortable controller I have. Controllers are really overpriced in general now IMHO

They are outrageous. $70 to replace a DS4

HolePisser1982 posted:

I get super annoyed by how cheap & shoddy the dualshocks are built

The 4 feels pretty solid to me, I just wish there was a way to turn the stupid light completely off. I have never used the light for anything and even on dim it's just draining battery

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

The 4 feels pretty solid to me, I just wish there was a way to turn the stupid light completely off. I have never used the light for anything and even on dim it's just draining battery

It doesnt have the embarrassing squeaky flex that the ds3 did, but the internals for it (until the redesign last year) are real lovely. the usb port and the triggers are held in place by the grace of god alone, and if you ever have to disassemble it you're rolling dice to see many frail plastic retaining hooks break

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I had to disassemble one to try and see if I could fix it without having to buy a new one and even after I unscrewed everything the internal plastic just shattered when trying just to open the shell which was annoying.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The nice thing about that controller was that I was able to save it and the only thing that "broke" was the lightbar so now the battery lasts longer lol.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
CIA operatives replacing my dualshocks with exploding cigars

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

HolePisser1982 posted:

It doesnt have the embarrassing squeaky flex that the ds3 did, but the internals for it (until the redesign last year) are real lovely. the usb port and the triggers are held in place by the grace of god alone, and if you ever have to disassemble it you're rolling dice to see many frail plastic retaining hooks break

To the ds3 credit I tried very hard to twist one in half a few times my first time through dark
SOuls and it didn't fall to pieces and I'm fairly strong. every time my DS4 hits the floor I expect it to loving shatter

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

I really like the DS4 didn't know the internals were so lovely. Where can I read about the internal redesign?

E: I found this: http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/new-style-ps4-dualshock-4-controller-now-on-sale/

The_Frag_Man fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jan 12, 2017

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

The_Frag_Man posted:

I really like the DS4 didn't know the internals were so lovely. Where can I read about the internal redesign?

E: I found this: http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/new-style-ps4-dualshock-4-controller-now-on-sale/

I didn't find anything super detailed, so I just looked up a disassembly video and eyeballed the differences. the trigger assembly looks pretty noticeably different, and the back half of the shell no longer has to be maneuvered around the shoulder buttons to come off. the little circuit board that the microusb and lightbar sit on also got shrunk down

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

rediscover posted:

see, an important gamefeel for me is menus. if i cant navigate thru a good equipment menu or whatever with a good dpad, im not trying to game. its that simple

the most rediscover post

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Reprisal posted:

the most rediscover post

Have you ever tried to play a jrpg with a lovely dpad.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Reprisal posted:

the most rediscover post

you don't know me well enough to say some stuff like that

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I bet someone plays Megaman on an emulator using an analog stick and they are completely happy about it. Too bad they are objectively WRONG to do so

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

rediscover posted:

you don't know me well enough to say some stuff like that

The most rediscover post

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I enjoyed fighting Devastator at the end of the demo.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

the ds3 was terrible, i use a ds1 on my ps3 now. i think the ds4 is good though although the vibratey motor on my 3 year old one has started rattling a bit

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Reprisal posted:

the most rediscover post

i agree with him, good menus pwn. i like ones that you can open and mess around with and close as fast as u can press the buttons, and ones where you can keep playing the game while using it. in other words ones that are like souls games

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

i agree with him, good menus pwn. i like ones that you can open and mess around with and close as fast as u can press the buttons, and ones where you can keep playing the game while using it. in other words ones that are like souls games

ffxv lettng you use the shop while you drive around is godlike for this

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

chinese barbecue porp posted:

I bet someone plays Megaman on an emulator using an analog stick and they are completely happy about it. Too bad they are objectively WRONG to do so

Only left and right matter in most mm games so its fine

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

MMX8 needs analog control for shooting with axl and after polaying 15 2D mm games with the dpad its messing with my head

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

the ds3 was terrible, i use a ds1 on my ps3 now. i think the ds4 is good though although the vibratey motor on my 3 year old one has started rattling a bit

How the hell do you plug a ds1 into the PS3? Adapter?

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

You gotta make those pixel perfect steps though in original Megamans. You can't just tap the analog stick like you can dpad and expect just a single input

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I never played Nier but the demo is great so far. Am I going to be at a huge loss in terms of story for not having played the previous game?

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
From the previous trailers it seems there are a lot of call backs to the old game. It's a self-contained story so I don't think you'll be at a loss. At most you're going to miss some references to past characters.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
OK thanks.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

How the hell do you plug a ds1 into the PS3? Adapter?

yea. like 2 bux on ebay. the controller works perfectly, vibrates etc and the analogue button turns into a home button

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I've got aids

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Unfunny Poster posted:

I never played Nier but the demo is great so far. Am I going to be at a huge loss in terms of story for not having played the previous game?

Nobody knows yet but it seems like it's gonna be a self contained story it looks like

Something from Nier that was a big big spoiler that I think might figure into this story from what I can tell

You find out near the end that the "shadows" you kill which you thought are demons are the souls of humanity. Every person alive today is basically the left over bodies of humanity without a soul, the Shadow Lord is trying to return humanity to their bodies and you've been working against that the entire game. He kidnaps your daughter because she was his daughter, and puts her soul back into her. Eventually you kill him and doom humanity to get your fake body daughter back

On New Game + you can hear the shadows speak to you and they're begging you to stop killing their children and friends it's pretty brutal

The reason I think it's gonna come back is during the demo the machines start playing random PA messages and someone says "they're just machines nothing they do has any reason to it" and it reminded me a lot of that twist. Also the demo boss slowly starts to talk as you fight it

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Just bought a used triple from Kijiji and ordered a copy of Nier off Amazon. Time to do my homework.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

To get myself hype for Nier I'm finally getting around to playing the dmc games and in the first 30 seconds where Dante shoots a bullet through the Graphic Violence warning and a narrator shows up with "Two Millenia Ago..." and then trinity from the matrix shows up...I've been missing this game my whole life

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

To get myself hype for Nier I'm finally getting around to playing the dmc games and in the first 30 seconds where Dante shoots a bullet through the Graphic Violence warning and a narrator shows up with "Two Millenia Ago..." and then trinity from the matrix shows up...I've been missing this game my whole life

I only played 1 & 2 on ps2 and they were both amazing. There's also a sort of score attack/parasite eve Chrysler building mode where you just go ham on waves of monsters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got a D rank on the first mission :/

• Locked thread