Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
best soup
French Onion
Creamy Potato
Chicken Noodle
Gumbo... the answer is gumbo
View Results

• Locked thread
Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

White Genocide posted:

excited and happy for everyone who has been waiting to play this awesome looking game!

Thank you kindly, sir :tipshat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I just spent all my tax money dealing with a medical emergency so I wont be getting this for a while. I hope everyone enjoys

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

this is a BIG loving deal.......

for comparison:

polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010
As someone who played the hong kong version I can say the game deserves every single point it's getting. bayonetta is more technical and complex, yeah. but Nier:A was way more of a rollercoaster. Alot of that is from the Taro side.

small hendren
Jan 27, 2011

frank.club posted:

GameStop is giving preorders out tonight

I'm gonna wait and do the buy 2 get 1 deal tomorrow so i can get Yakuza and maybe that Horizon game

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I'm so glad spring break is next week and I can not worry about teaching for seven days and just game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't need review scores to tell me the platinum game with the sexy babe is gonna be good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Game comes out tomorrow and yet to have any tracker updates RE: the delivery of the product. Getting nervous

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Tomorrow's going to be one of the most epic launches in video game history.

... when Ghost Recon Wildlands comes out :troll: :troll: :trol:l:troll:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm gaming right now

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Buy this game

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I can't bear to have this and Zelda so close to each other especially if this is also kind of open world. Aaaaah too much Game

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Glory of Games

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I already got this game from Amazon and I just saw target has a buy two games get one free deal

I'm thinking Nioh, Breath of the Wild and um maybe Yakiza 0 or watch Dogs 2 no guns %??

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

God drat and then kingdom hearts 1.5+2.5 then yooka laylee then persona 5 UGH

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Chichi, put me and all these awesome games into the hyperbolic time chamber please.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
I finished Yakuza 0 on Sunday, just in time to launch into another amazing game. If this level of insane quality experiences keeps up I might need to quit gaming in 2017, just so I go out on a high note, like when the Beatles played on that roof, or that Korean guy locked himself in a net cafe all weekend and gamed himself to death.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Yakuza 0, Nioh, Nier, BotW, Persona 5....please make it stop I have a family

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

I forgot the new Mass Effect

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

MrMidnight posted:

Yeah we're due a bad game or two

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

MrMidnight posted:

So will the entire planet

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

*Looks at massive game backlog while thinking about buying another*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhbHTjMLN5c&t=109s

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

[Me, at the check out of the buy 2 get 1 free sale]: The double. Two quick ones.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Put simply, NieR: Automata is the greatest game ever made. It’s not just that it is the deepest and most narratively potent game ever developed - and it is a truly deep narrative experience - but more than that, Yoko Taro has finally found perhaps the developer on the planet capable of doing his visionary work justice. This game is a true, genuine work of art, and anyone who wants to prove that gaming does possess an equivalent to the greatest novels, operas, theatre plays, or paintings, now has that very game to point to. Yoko Taro is gaming’s Shakespeare, Da Vinci, and Welles, all rolled into one.

One Man Trash
Jun 6, 2013

beep by grandpa posted:

Put simply, NieR: Automata is the greatest game ever made. It’s not just that it is the deepest and most narratively potent game ever developed - and it is a truly deep narrative experience - but more than that, Yoko Taro has finally found perhaps the developer on the planet capable of doing his visionary work justice. This game is a true, genuine work of art, and anyone who wants to prove that gaming does possess an equivalent to the greatest novels, operas, theatre plays, or paintings, now has that very game to point to. Yoko Taro is gaming’s Shakespeare, Da Vinci, and Welles, all rolled into one.

same

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

[screaming into a megaphone] NIIEEEEEEERRRR!

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

The boss that I killed effortlessly in the demo has killed me twice now that I have the game and there are no opportunities to save yet so I have to restart the whole game each time. I think I'm treating the dodge in this like the Bayonetta dodge but it seems like it has very few iframes compared to Bayonetta.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

You can change the difficulty at any time, it's ok to turn it down until you get to save

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

MrMidnight posted:

Yakuza 0, Nioh, Nier, BotW, Persona 5....please make it stop I have a family

2017 is the year where I'm like "I'm gonna skip buying Nioh for a while because I have so much other stuff that looks better to play," like let that sink in for a minute wtf.

Truly, when god closes a door (pretty much everything else happening in The West) he opens a window (video games).

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/Arbys/status/839128512757821441

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Installing and patching the game now :cheers:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lmfao

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
[seriously, to the camera] this is the most fun I've had playing a game in a very long time

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's cool that I need 10 mushrooms to upgrade my insane future tech flying robot Gatling gun

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've only just gotten past the demo stuff but I can already tell I'm going to absolutely love this game

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

I've only just gotten past the demo stuff but I can already tell I'm going to absolutely love this game

I can't wait until we've all gotten through it so I can tak about how loving win this game is

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Making a cup of coffee so I can play this for 8 hours straight. I guess I had zero idea what this game actually was beyond the demo but good lord this is awesome

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have just witnessed the most insane thing ever done in a video game lmfao

• Locked thread