Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
best soup
French Onion
Creamy Potato
Chicken Noodle
Gumbo... the answer is gumbo
View Results

• Locked thread
beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

6 months later this game's soundtrack is almost all I listen to anymore like it's still the new girlfriend...I really like running to Wretched Weaponry...I think about the cool plot reveals that happened while it plays during that great part in route B and I feel super determined to finish the run and push myself beyond my limits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/BooDooPerson/status/907264124618506240

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

but when will murder robots be capable of sex???

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
Square Enix is hiring staff for “NieR-related product scenario creation, as well as planning work.”

quote:

Yoko Taro

Hello. NieR series director Yoko Taro here. Thanks to everyone’s support, it appears that we will be carrying out various developments in regard to NieR. Nonetheless, there are limits to what lazy Yoko can do on his own. So I told Square Enix producer Yosuke Saito, “I can’t handle ANYMORE,” and now I get to round up a team of people to work with me, so I’m putting out a call for talented individuals.

Some people may be concerned by the thought, “What kind of person is Yoko?” I, too, am truly the same and full of worry in regard to, “What kind of people will come our way…?” However, for the time being, I think it may be good for us fellow uneasy people to talk a bit among each other.

*Lick-lick*.

Yosuke Saito

I have consulted with Yoko. What will we do with NieR from here on? This hit was a one-hit wonder, wasn’t it? We’ve hit our peak and there’s no going higher, that must be it. Things like that. But it definitely feels like there are a great many people waiting on the world of NieR. No, I’m sure of it.

That said, Yoko is not God. He’s human. He sometimes cries, and he sometimes gets discouraged. I’d like to take this opportunity to recruit those who could help Yoko and together weave the world of NieR, so we have now begun “NieR-related product scenario staff recruitment.”

It may be a hard to get in, but please apply if you’re interested. Thank you.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

he's such a good boy

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Yoko Taro grabbed headlines last week with his remarks at the SEA Summit in Singapore. They more or less boil down to, “If someone has money for this idea, heck yeah I want to do it.”

That includes a movie adaptation, a true sequel to Drakengard, a remake of the first Nier and, uh, an adult film. “I think this may be off-putting, but I’d like to make an adult video,” he said, according to Famitsu. “I think of it as something I’d like to at least make once in my lifetime.”

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
Yoko taro owns

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

The story doesn't really get going until the second time you nut.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
every way I can imagine he'll do it is really weird and hosed up, I'm interested to see what he actually does with it

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

the 2b figurine is 90 dollas FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUU

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
Nier

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

so goty even team mario built an entire level in its honor .... :worship:

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

Seeing Phillip Jeffries quoting Nier Automata in a Mario game makes me very happy.

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt

Fredrik1 posted:

Seeing Phillip Jeffries quoting Nier Automata in a Mario game makes me very happy.

an ancient evil known as khow-pah, over time, it's become koopa

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
https://twitter.com/cnn/status/925712812357406720

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

"This cannot continue"-Western democracies to ISIS

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

vaginal facsimile posted:

"This cannot continue"-Western democracies to ISIS

Become as gods, become as gods - ISIS to western democracy

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
I mean certainly, I've always liked drinking a lot, but I remember when I was writing the previous games' scenarios and the stories for them, I noticed a [recurring theme] that all the stuff I had written when I was really out of it was actually the stuff that everyone really liked. And I thought, "Why the hell should that be?" It worked out. If I drink, I become a bit tipsy and a bit of a fool, and I lose my inhibitions. That kind of uninhibited story writing only comes out when I'm drinking, so I definitely try to drink a lot more whenever I'm writing now. It's very interesting; when I'm writing when I'm sober, it's like, "Ah yes, that's an interesting story, I'll write that, I'll put that there." But that's very different then when I've started drinking. I just start getting involved and having an emotional connection to the characters. I'll start crying and [I'm] like, "Wow, this is a really sad story!" So yeah, that's why I think it's better. Then I'll pass out, and wake up with tears down my face like, "Oh, I was writing a story." In the original Nier, there was the story of the wolf and the people with the masks. I remember crying along with the story as I was writing it while I was completely wasted.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2017/11/24/yoko-taro-nier-automata-interview-game-informer.aspx

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I started this last night and it is amazing. Soundtrack is stunning, environments feel desolate and abandoned but not dull. Combat is satisfying.

I have had this game for months but there has been so much to play this year. I wish I could have got a steel case copy of this cause it's gorgeous but I do appreciate that square put a good cover on the reverse side of the regular one

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
the Hemingway method

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Eve's black tattoo is spreading across my face as I read the highlighted portion.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Nutty ideas huh?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Normal brain: Nier Automata is fun and slick to play, and its story is gripping and full of memorable twists

Galaxy brain: Nier has gameplay much inferior to previous Platinum titles which is constrained due to its need to appeal to RPG purists. However, its amazing, thought-provoking storytelling, masterful assault on the constraints of the medium, heart breaking depiction of flawed people striving to overcome their fate and nature and possibly failing, and powerful dedication to the nobility of the Sisyphean struggle more than make up for the combat being merely "pretty good"

Universe brain: the stupid titty robot game is weird and stupid but you press buttons to hit things fast so it's goty

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I wish I remembered what this game was about, something about the YoRBa LiNDa water district maybe?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

reading websites like that will rot the soul

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I wish I remembered what this game was about, something about the YoRBa LiNDa water district maybe?

Lol

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

beat ending A. looking forward to more playthroughs. once i got overclock +3 combat was a breeze.

the dlc stadiums are fun

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
Official Release Date Dec 20, 2017
Genre Video Game Soundtrack
Version Japan
PAX-Code PAX0009152460
Catalog No. SQEX-10631
Item Code 4988601465922
Features

2 Disc Edition
Description

Under the supervision of original score composer Keiichi Okabe, various musicians rearranged the songs of NieR:Automata with their own approach. From this new angle, you can enjoy the "NieR: Automata" soundtrack in a fresh, new way.

In addition, the set includes a second CD called "Unreleased Tracks" that contains songs not included on the original soundtrack.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

bump_fn posted:

Official Release Date Dec 20, 2017
Genre Video Game Soundtrack
Version Japan
PAX-Code PAX0009152460
Catalog No. SQEX-10631
Item Code 4988601465922
Features

2 Disc Edition
Description

Under the supervision of original score composer Keiichi Okabe, various musicians rearranged the songs of NieR:Automata with their own approach. From this new angle, you can enjoy the "NieR: Automata" soundtrack in a fresh, new way.

In addition, the set includes a second CD called "Unreleased Tracks" that contains songs not included on the original soundtrack.

This is gonna be cool but I don't get CD releases for music anymore. Until I fished my 360 out of storage there was no way to actually play one in my place.

Also, there is a vinyl OST coming by the end of the year and it looks slick as hell.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

cant you just put it in your pc...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

cant you just put it in your pc...

Most computers don't have cd drives anymore unless you build it yourself

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

Most computers don't have cd drives anymore unless you build it yourself