Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
best soup
French Onion
Creamy Potato
Chicken Noodle
Gumbo... the answer is gumbo
View Results

• Locked thread
fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I wish there was some way to play Nier on a PS4. I sold my PS3 and I'm really autistic about playing games in the right order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

goferchan posted:

I believe it's on PSNow. If you've got a good connection the service works great

It's not :(

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Just bought a used triple from Kijiji and ordered a copy of Nier off Amazon. Time to do my homework.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Nioh does look cool but I'm going to be butthurt if I miss out on the demo DLC poo poo because I was was out of town for the beta and alpha.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Hell yes.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I just got to the first boss in the second playthrough of Nier 1 and this poo poo is wild.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

OK I just got the first two endings of Nier 1. I'm debating whether or not I should go for the third and fourth or just watch them on YouTube.

I really just want to play Automata but I feel guilty playing games without learning the lore first.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

OK team, I just watched the two endings I didn't do and a story analysis (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLXWenjw7ls) and I'm ready to go. Booting up Automata now.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

beep by grandpa posted:

Hey friend I'm on the same journey as you, about how many hours do you think this took you? To do both endings total

Save screen says 39 hours, but I did 95% of the side quests. If you just critical path it you can probably get it all done in like twenty hours probably.

Honestly, doing the extra two endings will probably only take two hours and I feel like a Bad Gamer for not doing them but I'm having too much fun with Automata to care too much.

fadam fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Mar 9, 2017

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Early game spoilers:I just got to the Robot Village and saved the little sister robot. This game owns

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Is there a reason why chips I retrieve from corpses sometimes don't appear in my bag?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Do you guys know approximately what % of completion you can get the side quests to during the second playthrough? I'm just under 70 but I've done everything on the map.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I just beat every serious ending in the game. I don't know if I'm going to be able to sleep. This is one of the best games I've ever played.

Ending C-E spoilers:

I am so glad I decided to play through Nier before playing this. Walking into the Library was major feels gaming.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

In Training posted:

Is the parade supposed to be this long

Yeah, it's pretty long. I found that quest really hard to do until I was drastically over leveled for it.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

ArtIsResistance posted:

Just spent 90 dollars to buy this video game after spending 5 dollars on Nier many years ago I hope this is half as good

I liked Nier a fair amount but I loved Automata and its probably in my top 3 games of all time tbqh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

hubris.height posted:

oh yeah ok lol

i wonder what its like / why someon would pick 9s first, someone must have

I did. I like his story and while I didn't agree with his actions I was interested in seeing his journey come to an end.

• Locked thread