Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
best soup
French Onion
Creamy Potato
Chicken Noodle
Gumbo... the answer is gumbo
View Results

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The boss is epic and it's crazy that the hardest setting on this game is all attacks OHKO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

The five minute span where I went from top down beat em up to third person fighting a massive enemy to piloting a motherfucking mobile suit/jet fighter were too intense for this gamer

They did all that stuff in the last Nier but it wasn't handled as smoothly. They also play with genre conventions a lot, like one chapter was all fixed camera angles creepy mansion horror style and another was more like Zelda open plains and stuff. And more wild ones I won't spoil but people who have played know what happens in stuff like the forest of dreams. If automata is that again with better mechanics its a game of the decade contender easy.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Probably because it's a lot easier to get it working with a computer.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My controller randomly fails at least once a session and I still don't know why

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rediscover posted:

name a game where u dont have to use the d pad though.

Super Mario Galaxy 2

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I had to disassemble one to try and see if I could fix it without having to buy a new one and even after I unscrewed everything the internal plastic just shattered when trying just to open the shell which was annoying.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The nice thing about that controller was that I was able to save it and the only thing that "broke" was the lightbar so now the battery lasts longer lol.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

Only left and right matter in most mm games so its fine

MMX8 needs analog control for shooting with axl and after polaying 15 2D mm games with the dpad its messing with my head

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

To get myself hype for Nier I'm finally getting around to playing the dmc games and in the first 30 seconds where Dante shoots a bullet through the Graphic Violence warning and a narrator shows up with "Two Millenia Ago..." and then trinity from the matrix shows up...I've been missing this game my whole life

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got a D rank on the first mission :/

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's a little stiff control wise, in odd ways. Like having to hit two buttons to dodge, but the fixed angle combat works so flawlessly it's kind of impressive, and I love the atmosphere of the castle.

I realize the gaming population was inundated with this style of games for like 6 years in the PS1/2 era but I want more games with fixed camera angles that take place in one large, scary house.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well then RE4 is two of the best games ever made

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I lost all my yellow orbs to the lion. Thats a pretty unforgiving system for how much damage the attacks in this game do!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm fairly certain that genre is mildly popular in the Japanese indie scene but that stuff never gets translated. I've only seen YouTube videos

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

It's been about 12 years since I played DMc1 and I just recently found out it was going to be RE2. Watching video of it now and it's crazy just how similar it is

The door transitions and the inspection text are a cool contrast to air juggling demonic freaks and then unloading on them with twin Barrettas

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

Skip straight to DmC:Devil May Cry by action masters Ninja Theory :twisted:

This was the first one I played a few years ago bc it was a ps plus game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

why is the pC date still tbc

Its not coming at the same time as PS4

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1CjxQXXA7o

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gilH6f2hHk

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Noice

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Paintamac posted:

I really hope this game is great.

It comes out tomorrow in Japan so you will be able to check out a shitload of video this week if you're curious I suppose

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah that was reported a couple weeks ago, I almost imported a disc copy but the shipping time was such that I'd be paying like 10 dollars extra for 2 days early. Getting digital stuff is kind of a pain too, you have to buy PSN cards in yen or w/e

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah that's the other part too. Hard to pass up the US version for just 48 bucks

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I cant flipping wait for Tuesday.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Me

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't need review scores to tell me the platinum game with the sexy babe is gonna be good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Game comes out tomorrow and yet to have any tracker updates RE: the delivery of the product. Getting nervous

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

MrMidnight posted:

I forgot the new Mass Effect

So will the entire planet

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

[screaming into a megaphone] NIIEEEEEEERRRR!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Installing and patching the game now :cheers:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's cool that I need 10 mushrooms to upgrade my insane future tech flying robot Gatling gun

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've only just gotten past the demo stuff but I can already tell I'm going to absolutely love this game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Making a cup of coffee so I can play this for 8 hours straight. I guess I had zero idea what this game actually was beyond the demo but good lord this is awesome

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You die in like two hits to random enemies on Hard. Is the auto healing thing disabled on difficulties above normal

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol was exploring some caves and got one shot unexpectedly by an enemy nearly twice my level. Mark of a Grade A RPG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just got through the fight withbthe naked dude who gave birth to a twin after the fight and this game is blowing me away. It's Nier's story atmosphere and art design with extremely tight platinum gameplay and all the seamless shmup/twinstick sections...I imagine the story will be as fascinating as the first game, so this will be an instant classic for sure

• Locked thread