Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
best soup
French Onion
Creamy Potato
Chicken Noodle
Gumbo... the answer is gumbo
View Results

• Locked thread
Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

In Training posted:

They did all that stuff in the last Nier but it wasn't handled as smoothly. They also play with genre conventions a lot, like one chapter was all fixed camera angles creepy mansion horror style and another was more like Zelda open plains and stuff. And more wild ones I won't spoil but people who have played know what happens in stuff like the forest of dreams. If automata is that again with better mechanics its a game of the decade contender easy.

i still maintain that the text segment in the second half of nier was the best boss fight of the last generation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

got the game yesterday, finally got some quality time with it

wish I could not have lock on and the expanded enemy moveset hard has without dieing in two hits.

Also they knock the soundtrack out of the park goddam. I was worried since I didn't really feelthe so yhe from the demo but every other song has just been great.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

these robots put on the best rendition of Romeo and Juliet ever imo

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

this game gets totally crazy when it goes dark

yeah it doesnt wait to do it, I'm still laughing at the two robots bangin in the desert apartments

• Locked thread