Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
best soup
French Onion
Creamy Potato
Chicken Noodle
Gumbo... the answer is gumbo
View Results

• Locked thread
mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
I'm experiencing epic levels of fremdschämen over here and may need to leave work early to recover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

take that, ya japanese queermos! our dante makes the blue steel face and wears a parka and, I dunno, is maybe on chemo?

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

I liked the Nier demo so much that I preordered the game and also involuntarily make a whiny baby sound whenever I play a game that isn't the Nier demo. drat, that demo was good.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Nioh, Nier Yakuza 0, Resident Evil 7, all in the same quarter? drat, 2017, pace yourself.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

Art flourishes under authoritarian leaders so I'm expecting more greatness to come

Gord bless mr trump, Gord bless video games.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

I finished Yakuza 0 on Sunday, just in time to launch into another amazing game. If this level of insane quality experiences keeps up I might need to quit gaming in 2017, just so I go out on a high note, like when the Beatles played on that roof, or that Korean guy locked himself in a net cafe all weekend and gamed himself to death.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

MrMidnight posted:

Yakuza 0, Nioh, Nier, BotW, Persona 5....please make it stop I have a family

2017 is the year where I'm like "I'm gonna skip buying Nioh for a while because I have so much other stuff that looks better to play," like let that sink in for a minute wtf.

Truly, when god closes a door (pretty much everything else happening in The West) he opens a window (video games).

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This game is insanely good and playing gives me powerful nostalgic feelings of being a young dude going toe to toe with an oddball Dreamcast games that I bought knowing nothing more about than 1)it looks weird and 2)gamestop was trying to get rid of it. Please buy asap.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Just got Ending A last night, started Route B and immediately got Ending G on accident, which was hilarious. Then I had to redo the slow robot opening of B again, which was double hilarious.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Also where the heg to I get Pristine Screws? I got a bunch during the Engels mission, but after that the same enemies never drop them.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

In Training posted:

I also got Ending G immediately. The only other joke Ending I have is K

Haha, I got that one too. I didn't actually think the item was going to do what she said it would, but then it did.

I'm incredibly excited about where this game is going. Just started having visions of god in the desert en route to the oil fields. Man oh man. This is my first direct experience with a Yoko Taro game and it's a good one!

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

In Training posted:

Im way over leveled for it and crushed all the enemies but the parade sat outside the resistance camp for 5+ minutes running in circles until I autofailed it for some reason and they all despawned.

Happened to me too. Not sure what's up. Maybe you need a certain number of robots to survive?

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

In Training posted:

None of theme died because im on Route B and im like 15 levels higher than all the enemies

Dang, no clue then. I hope it doesn't happen to me again.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

bump_fn posted:

just got ending A and it was confusingly optimistic wtf yoko

Don't get your hopes up...
---
I just started campaign C or D, I dunno which is which yet, and it's getting fairly out of control. This game is so good and crazy.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

oh my heavens yes.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Finished it over the weekend. Really great game. Yakuza 0's still my GOTY so far, but this is a close second.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

oh yoko... ohhhhhh yoooooko... your game is verrrrry goooood *sung john lennonishly*

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Uh, well that's not right.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

small hendren posted:

I guess the issue started with the latest patch or something :shrug:

Looks like you're out of luck until they fix it then, nier as I can see... uh huh huh huh huh

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

small hendren posted:

:moonrio: on to Persona 5

I'm super excited to start playing Persona 5, but I want to make sure I have some time to really enjoy it. Godspeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

hubris.height posted:

this spring has been criminally over loaded with sweet games

• Locked thread