Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
best soup
French Onion
Creamy Potato
Chicken Noodle
Gumbo... the answer is gumbo
View Results

• Locked thread
Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUn-kezLzeY

Gods Bound By Rules is cool also

I like how there are 3 versions of this. So good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

This game is amazing, are all platinum games like this? My first one

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

In Training posted:

They're different, more arcadey and focused on just the combat. Much shorter usually too, games like Bayonetta 1/2 and MGR can be beaten in like <6 hours. They are structured around perfecting stages for high score/time. THis game took a decade+ of refined beat em up combat and plunked it into yoko taro's idea of genre blended RPG insanity and its a match made in heaven. But if you like the basic gameplay youll probably love the aforementioned games

Looks like I have some work to do. Blessed be to Game

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

In Training posted:

Just watch those ones, Ending 2 is a fairly large departure from the game and kinda nails everything. 3 and 4 are just different final cutscenes, it's not worth trudging through the process of actually collecting all the crap you need when you can just watch the endings on YouTube

This.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

ya Nier was a fun game at the time but it is a little dated and the combat wasn't amazing

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Yes.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

In Training posted:

Also is there no better way to get the 2 weapons from Emil than just reloading the game until he shows up on the resistance camp path

nope, that's pretty much it. I've heard of it taking a long time but i got him to spawn in that pattern in less than 30 minutes of teleporting around different spots so I could buy some of the rare materials

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

In Training posted:

I'm putting this game down I think. In retrospect I should have just deleted my file because I spent like 5 hours chasing down post game grindy stuff for trophies and then realized I actually wasn't having any fun and just felt obligated to do crap for trophies and I didn't want to just buy them all so I just stopped. On the one hand it kinda soured my experience but on the other hand I usually don't care like this and its all directly because of the construction of the game so in that manner, it's affected me like nothing else ever has ABsolutely one of the best games ever made.

the tedium is very deliberate and I liked how the first game explicitly berated you for trying to get everything and do every quest for no reason other than for completion or gamer obligation. I dont really find that in this game tho and I'm not doing anything past the super boss but it really is a special game

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

BBJoey posted:

ending question:

does ending e require deleting your save? if it does how do you get the cheevo for all endings?

no, but your soul requires it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

ocremix

• Locked thread