Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
best soup
French Onion
Creamy Potato
Chicken Noodle
Gumbo... the answer is gumbo
View Results

• Locked thread
Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
evidently, people are reporting that the Japanese version of automata defaults to English text, subtitles and voice acting on US accounts/systems so u could download it from JP store and play it in English when it launches in Japan. a little too much effort for me, but letting the more powerful gamers know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

lmfao I healed that dude in my game like five times

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

In Training posted:

I just got through the fight withbthe naked dude who gave birth to a twin after the fight and this game is blowing me away. It's Nier's story atmosphere and art design with extremely tight platinum gameplay and all the seamless shmup/twinstick sections...I imagine the story will be as fascinating as the first game, so this will be an instant classic for sure

its insanely good

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
lol the diagnostic at the beginning of route A and the payoff later is so good.. cuz I almost forgot about it

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
you can get a sweet cosmetic item from the inventor

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
I switched my weapon switch button to l1 and as a hot tip u can extend your combos in the air by jumping.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

In Training posted:

Yeah i should have guessed but after a certain story event all those little save hubs become fast travel points like the one in the resistance village

haha I did exactly that... as a confession, I played the HK version first but I still had NA preordered, but whats nice is all the trophies carried over, just not saves. anyhow, they changed something in localizing to NA which is weird.. the robot Jean-Paul is called Sartre in the HK and JP versions, and in dialogue, 9S calls his Sartre by name but instead of rerecording, they beeped the line lol

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

In Training posted:

Is that why they bleeped it? I couldn't figure out if that was a joke or something lol

lmao yeah. I wonder why they changed it, honestly

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

In Training posted:

Lol for like half a second I seriously thought [bigass spoilers about the structure of this game] for the 9S play through I was going to follow an exact recording of my 2B play through like a TAS bot replay even though that would probably be completely insane technically to pull off

lmao the beginning of route b rules

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
I mapped weapon switch to L1, Pod program to L2 since I don't really use lock on, which was switch to L3 and up on dpad is my lights/taunt

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

fadam posted:

Yeah, it's pretty long. I found that quest really hard to do until I was drastically over leveled for it.

I used melee and ranged up L boosts to do that but I was still around level 20 or something

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

In Training posted:

Im way over leveled for it and crushed all the enemies but the parade sat outside the resistance camp for 5+ minutes running in circles until I autofailed it for some reason and they all despawned.

lol yeah I don't think that's supposed to happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
aha I was looking to see if anyone else had ur prob with the parade but ended up finding these cool screenshots

• Locked thread