Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
best soup
French Onion
Creamy Potato
Chicken Noodle
Gumbo... the answer is gumbo
View Results

• Locked thread
klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
playing through nier again and man, I don't know exactly what it is and if I tried to nail it down i'd sound like a retard, but its one of the most interesting games ever to me. Taro Yoko is a really cool dude and I'd like to meet him someday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

mysterious loyall X posted:

no, but too be fair, neither are drakengaard 1 and 3

drakengard 3 and nier are both insanely good games to play when you're sick though. drakengard 3's final boss is kinda rear end sure but the rest of the game is pretty cool

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
this game just broke my heart

FINAL ENDING SPOILER I was going through Ending E, and I'm extremely lovely at bullet hells. I didn't even want to bother after a certain point but I really wanted to be able to save someone else, and I figured since it was constantly giving me the option to be saved that you'd have to beat the ending properly in order to do so. The game slowly downgrades the difficulty over time, which was very nice even though I just thought I was changing up my tactics. But eventually it "downgrades" so much that it decides you won't ever beat it and just makes all the enemies invincible, even if you choose to get saved. I spent about two hours straight trying my hardest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVTXPUF4Oz4

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
thinking of the credits music

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

elf help book posted:

im really digging nier 1

Nier 1 is one of my favorite games ever. I don't know exactly what it is but everything about it is so calming... it's my #1 sick game for sure.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

beep by grandpa posted:

I'm thinking of sacrificing my save file and starting over fresh on hard cause I was OP after hour 6 of the game and nothing was even remotely challenging after that...I had to pull back on bosses just to hear all their dialogue

But I also want to be a bitch & backup my save to a usb stick first but I feel that is at odds with the entire point of the story and I could be starting my own cycle ala YoRHa??? & I would bring great shame to myself..I've ..I've never felt like this before,,this game is deep af..

on the other hand... By copying your save data, you can create a shitload of versions of you to help others. Even cheating to keep your save data from being wiped has a reasonable justification in the theme, this game's really cool

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

PaulMorel posted:

Will this game run on a fairly outdated gaming pc? like 5 years old pc gaming?

I've got a Geforce 660 Ti and I can run it at 720p on lowest settings with the FAR mod at a fairly steady 60 FPS. If your card is any better than this then yeah no problem most likely

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
I like playing the original Nier more. Can't really justify it in any concrete ways, but it's one of the most relaxing things in the world imo

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
I already want another Yoko Taro game. I've been attempting the Drakengard 3 final boss for the last 3 years and I'm getting so close to the end that I don't want to beat it because I've been working on it so long. I really loving like the stuff he does in games and it pisses me off that I can't determine exactly what those things are

klapman fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Sep 3, 2017

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

bump_fn posted:

thinkin about ending e

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
every way I can imagine he'll do it is really weird and hosed up, I'm interested to see what he actually does with it

• Locked thread