Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
best soup
French Onion
Creamy Potato
Chicken Noodle
Gumbo... the answer is gumbo
View Results

• Locked thread
Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

This game is a sequel to the PS3 action/Rpg hybrid NieR. It's designed and directed by the guy who made Revengeance. It looks incredible and is coming out soon

:siren: The demo is now available!!! :siren:

Unexpected Raw Anime fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Dec 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

PLAY THE DEMO

-protagonist is a total babe
-huge insane over the top bosses like mgr
-combat is fun and addictive
-game looks and feels incredible

The camera work is incredible. It's so good at seamlessly moving you from play a third person action game to a 3D side scroller to a top-down beat up that it ssometimes disorienting when you spend a lot of time in one and then as you move it pulls you back into third person.

So far you don't parry but executing perfect dodges against the red light cue towards an enemy gives you a special combo but executing it away from something gives you iframes. The customization menus look really deep.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Oh my god...

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

HORMELCHILI posted:

il check this out tomorrow when i get the ps4 but today, way down south they call it jambalya

Jambalaya isn't a soup but certainly is delicious

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

The boss is epic and it's crazy that the hardest setting on this game is all attacks OHKO

The five minute span where I went from top down beat em up to third person fighting a massive enemy to piloting a motherfucking mobile suit/jet fighter were too intense for this gamer

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

i'll give the demo a try tonight, maybe

Play it, it isn't super long but it's really fun

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I've never gotten past the first hour of NieR and I really don't have a good reason. I should just play it already

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I think psnow (my phone autocorrects that to penis 😭) works like video streaming services where they rotate the content

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

HORMELCHILI posted:

i dont understand why someone PC games in 2016 without a gamepad. ps4, steam controller, xbox one controller, the world is your oyster
What's the steam controller like

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

chinese barbecue porp posted:

Technically it's a SE game, Platinum just made the fights fun.

I don't get what you're trying to say... it was directed by kenji saito, the director of mgr: revengeance.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

My DS4 used to randomly go crazy playing bloodborne and I thought I broke my controller but one day it just stopped happening so I think It was a but in BB that they patched and just never mentioned. I love the DS4 but I hear it's a pain to get working properly on PC so maybe I'll just get a bone controlle

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

It sucks that the XBO Elite controller is too expensive to recommend because it's easily the best and most comfortable controller I have. Controllers are really overpriced in general now IMHO

They are outrageous. $70 to replace a DS4

HolePisser1982 posted:

I get super annoyed by how cheap & shoddy the dualshocks are built

The 4 feels pretty solid to me, I just wish there was a way to turn the stupid light completely off. I have never used the light for anything and even on dim it's just draining battery

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

HolePisser1982 posted:

It doesnt have the embarrassing squeaky flex that the ds3 did, but the internals for it (until the redesign last year) are real lovely. the usb port and the triggers are held in place by the grace of god alone, and if you ever have to disassemble it you're rolling dice to see many frail plastic retaining hooks break

To the ds3 credit I tried very hard to twist one in half a few times my first time through dark
SOuls and it didn't fall to pieces and I'm fairly strong. every time my DS4 hits the floor I expect it to loving shatter

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Reprisal posted:

the most rediscover post

Have you ever tried to play a jrpg with a lovely dpad.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

the ds3 was terrible, i use a ds1 on my ps3 now. i think the ds4 is good though although the vibratey motor on my 3 year old one has started rattling a bit

How the hell do you plug a ds1 into the PS3? Adapter?

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

To get myself hype for Nier I'm finally getting around to playing the dmc games and in the first 30 seconds where Dante shoots a bullet through the Graphic Violence warning and a narrator shows up with "Two Millenia Ago..." and then trinity from the matrix shows up...I've been missing this game my whole life

I only played 1 & 2 on ps2 and they were both amazing. There's also a sort of score attack/parasite eve Chrysler building mode where you just go ham on waves of monsters

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

It's been about 12 years since I played DMc1 and I just recently found out it was going to be RE2. Watching video of it now and it's crazy just how similar it is

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

The door transitions and the inspection text are a cool contrast to air juggling demonic freaks and then unloading on them with twin Barrettas

Ebony & ivory are colt 1911s... 🙄

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

How about we just let him experience the freaking games...

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Don't skip 2 dude it's really not a bad game

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

Skip straight to DmC:Devil May Cry by action masters Ninja Theory :twisted:

Dante has sex

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

D'um'C is garbage and the Vergil DLC is the worst thing in the history of DMC.

dante has sex

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

Not in a million years.

Not all games are made for all people... may I suggest a game where the protagonist definitely doesn't have sex, op, like Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater?

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Errr

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I would really like a new Tenchu SA game

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

small hendren posted:

Nioh is going to be sick

I played both demos and really enjoyed it but I would like to grappling hook across rooftops and assassinate fat merchants.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

small hendren posted:

Yeah I forgot about all that ninja type stuff which Nioh definitely won't have :doh:

I just discovered that there's a Japanese only version of tenchu that was never brought over because they thought it was too hard
For the western audience

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

mysterious frankie posted:

Nioh, Nier Yakuza 0, Resident Evil 7, all in the same quarter? drat, 2017, pace yourself.

Art flourishes under authoritarian leaders so I'm expecting more greatness to come

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

frank.club posted:

i watched a little bit of the intro mission and i can confirm that this is going to be the sickest game of the year

Hold your horses partner it's only february

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I just spent all my tax money dealing with a medical emergency so I wont be getting this for a while. I hope everyone enjoys

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Salivating reading thread and wishing i could game

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

This is gonna be another one of those games i have to buy two months after everyone else here got to experience it and im weaker for it

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

cant you just put it in your pc...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

Most computers don't have cd drives anymore unless you build it yourself

i dont like the future

• Locked thread