Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
best soup
French Onion
Creamy Potato
Chicken Noodle
Gumbo... the answer is gumbo
View Results

• Locked thread
Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

I finished routes c - e. Good game. Probably the best stork4y and feels in a videogame ive ever played wrap it up wrpgailuretard. any other 45 yo gamers get teary eyed playing a game about sexy robots with huge asses and twink bods

Hell yeah I did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I wonder if there's a bit of the ol Yoko Taro style in that 9S's hacking stuff isn't as fun as normal melee (extremebuff probably don't read this) because he hates it and it doesn't make him jizz + cum like fighting does, so you should find it as unfulfilling as he does

I still enjoyed it mostly though. I found the shmup sections way more boring

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

they made all the voice actors go on stage at E3 wearing white wigs and fight the secret boss over and over while Emil's shop music constantly looped and the audience left in droves

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The Toobster.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Soundcloud I guess?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I had a dream last night that I was listening to the medley version of weight of the world and when it changed language it transitioned into Swediah Chef language and was singing "and a hurdy de gurdy durr, and a hurdy gurdy gumparump, it's leek I gumparump dee burdy de hrum" and I laughed so hard I woke up

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

exciting Nier news!!

Tatumje posted:

Good News!:
Famitsu recently interviewed the core dev team behind Automata: Yosuke Saito (producer), Takahisa Taura (game designer), Keiiche Okabe (composer), Asahiko Yoshida (character designer), and best boy Yoko Taro. Everyone is willing participate in a sequel, and they even seem mildly optimistic about the chances of Square Enix greenlighting a NieR 1 remake.

When asked about plans for the tenth anniversary of NieR’s release (April 22, 2020), Yoko Taro suggested they should release a “rather crappy social game” and transitioned to talking about his involvement with SINoALICE.

Edit:
I’m calling it now. NieR 1 remake and NieR 3 will happen.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

an actual dog posted:

I'd much rather get a Nier 3 than a 1 remake, or maybe just any new Yoko game. Maybe they could have a different team do a remaster?
I doubt he'd be involved in a remake, he's a superstar now. as he deserves

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

looks like their thoughts on Nier, are Far from accurate

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Normal brain: Nier Automata is fun and slick to play, and its story is gripping and full of memorable twists

Galaxy brain: Nier has gameplay much inferior to previous Platinum titles which is constrained due to its need to appeal to RPG purists. However, its amazing, thought-provoking storytelling, masterful assault on the constraints of the medium, heart breaking depiction of flawed people striving to overcome their fate and nature and possibly failing, and powerful dedication to the nobility of the Sisyphean struggle more than make up for the combat being merely "pretty good"

Universe brain: the stupid titty robot game is weird and stupid but you press buttons to hit things fast so it's goty

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

my morning jackass posted:

I just finished ending C. Good as hell. Feel now that chapter select is a thing the game is winding down a bit which makes me sad.

You're really close to being done but thankfully the last part is mind blowing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The fanpatch makes it fine. Not to excuse the state of the port but w/e

• Locked thread