Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
best soup
French Onion
Creamy Potato
Chicken Noodle
Gumbo... the answer is gumbo
View Results

• Locked thread
Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I beat Plague of Shadows last night using a 360 controller, the d-pad sucks and it kept registering up inputs without me doing them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

rediscover posted:

you don't know me well enough to say some stuff like that

The most rediscover post

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

It's a little stiff control wise, in odd ways. Like having to hit two buttons to dodge, but the fixed angle combat works so flawlessly it's kind of impressive, and I love the atmosphere of the castle.

I realize the gaming population was inundated with this style of games for like 6 years in the PS1/2 era but I want more games with fixed camera angles that take place in one large, scary house.

It was going to be RE4 originally

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I'll be getting it on PS4 but that's cool. Congrats to my Steam brothers.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Paintamac posted:

I really hope this game is great.

Epic Square-Enix RPG developed by Platinum with their trademark combat style, gee I wonder if it'll be good?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

frank.club posted:

Uh so that picture with the steam release on it is the only one on the web. There are other pictures of that which were put out by Square that don't have anything about steam

It's at the end of this trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e41x8VPQVMw

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

frank.club posted:

But it you watch the ign one it's exactly the same and it doesn't have the steam info. Maybe they just got sent the wrong trailer then

Have we been Fire Packed once again?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

*Looks at massive game backlog while thinking about buying another*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhbHTjMLN5c&t=109s

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

It might be a rights issue with his estate not wanting the name used and it could only be enforced in NA

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

joystiqs reviewer quit the game there and refused to review it

No wonder they shut down

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I've been playing this game a bunch lately and I like it a lot, I just got past the Forest Kingdom

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

This is some loving game. I can't stop playing it. I'm in route C, just got inside the tower

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Just got ending E. I loved this game so much.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I'm dying to play the first game now

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

hubris.height posted:

watcha playthrough or read an LP, the story is great but the gameplay moment to moment is unfun

No I'm going to play it.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I can't stop thinking about this game. It's easily one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

My favorite part about it is that even after you know most of your actions are purposeless in the grand scheme of things there's still like 10+ hours of game left where you kind of just wallow and can't escape the war cycle, narratively (the story will not end, the characters refuse to die) and mechanically (you have to keep playing the game and perpetuating pointless violence)

I think the game does an even better job of tying together gameplay and narrative than Kojima does. It's definitely in the same class as least

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

lol if it is DLC or a patched thing it would be an epic own on everyone who deleted their files

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I only found the one in the Flooded City during route A and I completely forgot about it after that

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

tumor looking batty posted:

had ending b. things are heating up!

The real NieR: Automata starts here

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Will my sidequest progress restart if I finish this route because I don't feel like grinding 100k atm

Half-wit inventor? I think that's one of the few that doesn't reset

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Uh... Yeah, uh...

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

hubris.height posted:

this spring has been criminally over loaded with sweet games

Between NieR, BOTW and P5 I've gamed a lifetime in the past couple months

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Awesome

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I'm Thurston for Moore Nier games lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

small hendren posted:

I just beat this but I feel like I missed like 90% of the game whoops.

small hendren posted:

Oh never mind that was just the A ending.

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I would wear this

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

folder posted:

10/10. Ending E:

I liked how the game was bookended. The game starts with you slowly losing your squad to fight a lonely and pointless war, but you face Ending E with a host of new friends who've come through the same violent experience. This really nicely underlined the game's message about unity and a sharing of a terrible burden, although it was only truly hammered home once I was formally offered the assistance of Player rear end (USA)

Glad I could be of service.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

• Locked thread