Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
best soup
French Onion
Creamy Potato
Chicken Noodle
Gumbo... the answer is gumbo
View Results

• Locked thread
bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/q_woru/status/881196445415518208

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
thinkin about ending e

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/BooDooPerson/status/907264124618506240

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
Square Enix is hiring staff for “NieR-related product scenario creation, as well as planning work.”

quote:

Yoko Taro

Hello. NieR series director Yoko Taro here. Thanks to everyone’s support, it appears that we will be carrying out various developments in regard to NieR. Nonetheless, there are limits to what lazy Yoko can do on his own. So I told Square Enix producer Yosuke Saito, “I can’t handle ANYMORE,” and now I get to round up a team of people to work with me, so I’m putting out a call for talented individuals.

Some people may be concerned by the thought, “What kind of person is Yoko?” I, too, am truly the same and full of worry in regard to, “What kind of people will come our way…?” However, for the time being, I think it may be good for us fellow uneasy people to talk a bit among each other.

*Lick-lick*.

Yosuke Saito

I have consulted with Yoko. What will we do with NieR from here on? This hit was a one-hit wonder, wasn’t it? We’ve hit our peak and there’s no going higher, that must be it. Things like that. But it definitely feels like there are a great many people waiting on the world of NieR. No, I’m sure of it.

That said, Yoko is not God. He’s human. He sometimes cries, and he sometimes gets discouraged. I’d like to take this opportunity to recruit those who could help Yoko and together weave the world of NieR, so we have now begun “NieR-related product scenario staff recruitment.”

It may be a hard to get in, but please apply if you’re interested. Thank you.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Yoko Taro grabbed headlines last week with his remarks at the SEA Summit in Singapore. They more or less boil down to, “If someone has money for this idea, heck yeah I want to do it.”

That includes a movie adaptation, a true sequel to Drakengard, a remake of the first Nier and, uh, an adult film. “I think this may be off-putting, but I’d like to make an adult video,” he said, according to Famitsu. “I think of it as something I’d like to at least make once in my lifetime.”

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

so goty even team mario built an entire level in its honor .... :worship:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
I mean certainly, I've always liked drinking a lot, but I remember when I was writing the previous games' scenarios and the stories for them, I noticed a [recurring theme] that all the stuff I had written when I was really out of it was actually the stuff that everyone really liked. And I thought, "Why the hell should that be?" It worked out. If I drink, I become a bit tipsy and a bit of a fool, and I lose my inhibitions. That kind of uninhibited story writing only comes out when I'm drinking, so I definitely try to drink a lot more whenever I'm writing now. It's very interesting; when I'm writing when I'm sober, it's like, "Ah yes, that's an interesting story, I'll write that, I'll put that there." But that's very different then when I've started drinking. I just start getting involved and having an emotional connection to the characters. I'll start crying and [I'm] like, "Wow, this is a really sad story!" So yeah, that's why I think it's better. Then I'll pass out, and wake up with tears down my face like, "Oh, I was writing a story." In the original Nier, there was the story of the wolf and the people with the masks. I remember crying along with the story as I was writing it while I was completely wasted.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2017/11/24/yoko-taro-nier-automata-interview-game-informer.aspx

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
Official Release Date Dec 20, 2017
Genre Video Game Soundtrack
Version Japan
PAX-Code PAX0009152460
Catalog No. SQEX-10631
Item Code 4988601465922
Features

2 Disc Edition
Description

Under the supervision of original score composer Keiichi Okabe, various musicians rearranged the songs of NieR:Automata with their own approach. From this new angle, you can enjoy the "NieR: Automata" soundtrack in a fresh, new way.

In addition, the set includes a second CD called "Unreleased Tracks" that contains songs not included on the original soundtrack.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
i know someone who didnt do it when he got ending E and i dont think we ca nbe friends anymore

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://i.imgur.com/TXzVuak.mp4

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
arranged & unreleased tracks album was released and has some importnt missing tracks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://www.gdcvault.com/play/1024894/A-Fun-Time-in-Which

Overview An unbelievably miserable lecture in which an extremely strange director, YOKO TARO, and an idiotic game designer, Takahisa Taura, will try to talk about the development of 'NieR:Automata', using their near-dead brains. It seems that they are thinking about taking a look back on the development of 'NieR:Automata', and how they came together to create one of the most perverse experiences in video game history. From the captivating imaginings of YOKO TARO to the satisfying action-packed battles of PlatinumGames Inc., they will discuss their design process and how they worked to bring the world of 'NieR:Automata' to life is what they are saying they will do, but they may end up changing their minds and talking about what they have eaten in the US in detail for one full hour instead. No one can see into the future. Don't you agree?

• Locked thread