Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
best soup
French Onion
Creamy Potato
Chicken Noodle
Gumbo... the answer is gumbo
View Results

• Locked thread
beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I haven't played a nier or drakenguard game but I've been listening to this on repeat all day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52SDmUpfxCI

I need to play NieR, automata comes out in like 2 weeks :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

beep by grandpa posted:

I haven't played a nier or drakenguard game but I've been listening to this on repeat all day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52SDmUpfxCI

I need to play NieR, automata comes out in like 2 weeks :ohdear:

Is the music in NieR (ps3) as good as this one track from the automata demo?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

why is the pC date still tbc

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Whos ready?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

this is a BIG loving deal.......

for comparison:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I already got this game from Amazon and I just saw target has a buy two games get one free deal

I'm thinking Nioh, Breath of the Wild and um maybe Yakiza 0 or watch Dogs 2 no guns %??

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

God drat and then kingdom hearts 1.5+2.5 then yooka laylee then persona 5 UGH

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Chichi, put me and all these awesome games into the hyperbolic time chamber please.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Put simply, NieR: Automata is the greatest game ever made. It’s not just that it is the deepest and most narratively potent game ever developed - and it is a truly deep narrative experience - but more than that, Yoko Taro has finally found perhaps the developer on the planet capable of doing his visionary work justice. This game is a true, genuine work of art, and anyone who wants to prove that gaming does possess an equivalent to the greatest novels, operas, theatre plays, or paintings, now has that very game to point to. Yoko Taro is gaming’s Shakespeare, Da Vinci, and Welles, all rolled into one.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/Arbys/status/839128512757821441

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I bought nier automata last night but I have the discipline of a tibetan monk cause I just played NieR so I can go into automata fully prepared and ready...

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

fadam posted:

OK I just got the first two endings of Nier 1. I'm debating whether or not I should go for the third and fourth or just watch them on YouTube.

I really just want to play Automata but I feel guilty playing games without learning the lore first.

Hey friend I'm on the same journey as you, about how many hours do you think this took you? To do both endings total

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

i'm playing NieR (ps3) still getting ready for automata and I got stuck on that fishing mission for the shaman fish for about half an hour before I figured out to look at my map and fish there...please tell me someone else had trouble here :(

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

elf help book posted:

joystiqs reviewer quit the game there and refused to review it

okay I feel a lot better now cause I was able to fish up some guys using the lures I could buy in town and eventually thought "there's no way they would make it this difficult" and looked at the map...thank you :)

also lol

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

so what's the deal here NieR people, is this like something only dumb people like me ran into or is it like a rite of passage?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

In Training posted:

Like there's a big picture of a fish on the map right?
it's not a pic of a fish it's a big red X same as every quest marker but this quest was made to feel more open ended...so you talk the quest from an old man who says to you "it's real easy to do, take this fishing rod and go fish at the beach" and there's a beach *literally* 4 feet away from where he is standing when he says this to you so you just go try it there but it turns out that's not the place!

If they slightly chnaged the dialogue to say "go fish at the beach outside of town" or something I'd have gone right to it....I'm not too beaten up about it cause I did figure it out on my own :hehe:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I finished NieR, all endings (that game is a storytelling masterpiece, I wish I played it 7 years ago, wow)

I started Automata this morning for a few minutes before work.the first thing I did was self destruct inside the space station as soon as 9S showed me how and it blew up the entire space station & I got ending U, goty.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Does this video game have more or less content/things to do than the original NieR? I'm approximately 30min in and it feels like a full blown RPG.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I'm still pretty early in the game and I had something happen that spooked me to the core...it started with "aint no way that area down there is explorable"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLbO7PGSsAQ&t=26s

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I just did that one last night at level 12, I realized the trick is to just have her run long enough to get the speed blast and not dash constantly then optimize your route. I had just one 8% movement speed equipped!

Does hard difficulty offer any extra bonuses/rewards?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

FINE

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I just realized the player marker in the minimap is the same thing you control in the hacking game

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

BBJoey posted:

it was really obvious that they were there right at the end of run B but i'm an unobservant idiot so i didn't notice the other times

I only noticed one once at the end of route B when 9S is running back to his fight unit from the bunker to go back to earth you can see one in the corner for one second before the cutscene plays

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I'm thinking of sacrificing my save file and starting over fresh on hard cause I was OP after hour 6 of the game and nothing was even remotely challenging after that...I had to pull back on bosses just to hear all their dialogue

But I also want to be a bitch & backup my save to a usb stick first but I feel that is at odds with the entire point of the story and I could be starting my own cycle ala YoRHa??? & I would bring great shame to myself..I've ..I've never felt like this before,,this game is deep af..

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I finished 100%ing every Intel category in nier (well past the chieves) and earlier this month i bought noih, watch dogs 2, zelda botw and kingdom hearts 1.5+2.5 thinking hell yeah video games and all I wanna do is erase my save in nier and start over,.

nier is also the only new game I've beaten in the last year.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

dlc for this was just announced

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

The title of this DLC is “3C3C1D119440927”

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

come for the robot girls

stay for the depression :911:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I think about this game every day...

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

is there a japanese version of emil shop song

yeah it's on the OST (pm me) but in this poster's opinion it's not as cute and improv-ey as the english one t.b.h.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Phimose Knight posted:

oh i wasn't trying to make fun of her for starting a career small. she really seems to enjoy the role since she cosplays as Toobs and goes to cons and poo poo like that. and now she made it, the ultimate anime character gig, a Goth-Emo Emotionless* Robot Babe with no pants.

she emailedme back once and I think that means Im not a virgin anymore >:]

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

IS it :filez: for me to post here some automata tunes I mixed myself using youtubes audio rips that are absolutely noyt commercially avaliable/included on the OST, etc

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Greatv :-] whats the place all the kids upload files to now?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I would very much like to share this instrumental version of Wretched Weaponry I made. That'sthe creepy one that only plays in the abandoned factory

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

problematic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

6 months later this game's soundtrack is almost all I listen to anymore like it's still the new girlfriend...I really like running to Wretched Weaponry...I think about the cool plot reveals that happened while it plays during that great part in route B and I feel super determined to finish the run and push myself beyond my limits

• Locked thread