Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I'm sitting here watching Christmas Mass, getting drunk and high as gently caress, wondering how all of the good and correct Christian holiday observers trick their idiot children into believing Santa Clause is real?

Do they just go to bed and not think twice of the fact that you and your wife are up late moving poo poo around downstairs and yelling at them every time they come out to use the bathroom or get some water or whatever? How do you keep them out? Do you tell your kids not to come downstairs because you're butt loving by the fireplace, or some other stupid bullshit?

How do you fool the morons you have sired?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Don't come downstairs I'm buttfucking your wife

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
garbage day

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

You should get some smarter kids who are willing to play along for the possibility of twice the presents.

terminal chillness
Oct 16, 2008

This baby is off the charts
The kids go to bed because otherwise Santa doesnt come. Its not rocket science.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

terminal chillness posted:

The kids go to bed because otherwise Santa doesnt come. Its not rocket science.

Alternatively: the sooner you go to sleep the sooner you get to xmas day

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

You keep the presents in the trunk of your car and then bring them in through the garage. Idiot.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Happy Hanukkah!

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

All you really have to do is hire a homeless man to dress up in red and sleep in your house overnight one time. It's worth the bottle of smirnoff.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The same way I got them to think slender man is real

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

It's not hard to fool children OP.

It's not hard to fool a lot of adults either.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Ein cooler Typ posted:

The same way I got them to think slender man is real

A cake delivered to your door with their name at the top of a list?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

You seriously don't know how to trick children? It's not that loving hard.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

i pay a man to buttfuck me in front of the fireplace

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

what was this thread about again

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

The kids at the daycare think Elsa is real. If pedos ever develop costume technology were fuckked

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

what was this thread about again

I needed the money so bad. Thansk

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Dave_Indeed posted:

I'm sitting here watching Christmas Mass, getting drunk and high as gently caress, wondering how all of the good and correct Christian holiday observers trick their idiot children into believing Santa Clause is real?

Probably same way they get them to believe in God

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

"Go get in the truck, we're going to look at lights. You can start it, you've been good today, turn the heat on and I'll be right out."

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

How do you trick your stupid kids into thinking Satan is real?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Easy, you just rely on your credibility as their protector and guardian, the one person in the world they trust their lives to and depend on, their role model and prototype they base their life on, and use it to brazenly lie to their faces.

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

Kaedric posted:

this

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

How do you trick your stupid kids into thinking Satan is real?

The Management posted:

Easy, you just rely on your credibility as their protector and guardian, the one person in the world they trust their lives to and depend on, their role model and prototype they base their life on, and use it to brazenly lie to their faces.

Kaedric posted:

Whelp

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

If you can't trick them into believing in Santa, what makes you think you can trick them into believing that you're a competent parent?

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
The best way is to be proactive and have your wife drink while she's pregnant.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
The same way you trick adults into believing Marxism is real #wow #whoa

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Make a habit of yelling at them every night if they make a sound or leave their beds after lights out. Then it won't be unusual on Christmas eve.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Did the Native Americans that we stole this land from believe in Santa? gently caress no they didn't and they didn't believe in individual family units either. They were a bit slow on the cloaking technology however

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL
My parents used to put flour on the soles of my dad's shoes and make footprints in the carpet from the chimney, to the partially eaten cookies and drunken milk, to my mother's vagina, to the tree, and then back to the chimney. It was very convincing.

spotix55
Jun 6, 2014
my dad would shut me in the closet and say that elves were working in the attic so I would wait until they would come out.
but they never did

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Junkfist posted:

The same way you trick adults into believing Marxism is real #wow #whoa

"Santa definitly exists but is very bad, like, super dumb and doesn't work. That's why we buy the presents, because santa is incompetent. Merry christmas"

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Trusted adult: "Santa is a thing."

Kids: "Wow, ok!"

Then when my kid was too old, and he asked why parents tell kids there is a Santa, I said, "Because it is fun for kids to believe in magic while they are still young enough to not be cynical about it." And that made sense to him.

GORDON fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Dec 25, 2016

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
A hammer

spotix55
Jun 6, 2014

504 posted:

A hammer

That doesn't teach your kids to believe, you beat the fear of santa into them.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

The night before Christmas Eve I eat three cups of glitter and then Christmas Eve I leave a huge glittery turd in the bowl and show it to the kids and say it must have been santa or an elf.

e: if you can drink three bottles of Goldschlager that will work also.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

spotix55 posted:

That doesn't teach your kids to believe, you beat the fear of santa into them.

Same thing

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

GORDON posted:

Trusted adult: "Santa is a thing."

Kids: "Wow, ok!"

Then when my kid was too old, and he asked why parents tell kids there is a Santa, I said, "Because it is fun for kids to believe in magic while they are still young enough to not be cynical about it." And that made sense to him.

This is correct.

P.S. I was an incredibly cynical materialist as a little kid and literally never believed in Santa or God or whatever in the first place.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Some kid is going to hear from his older brother that there is no Santa and then tell all of the other kids in his class and then your dumb kid is going to start crying in front of the whole class because there is a santa his dad told him so.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I guess what I'm saying is setting your kids up to have their illusions harshly shattered by the real world is great parenting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nicomo
Jan 22, 2015
Fool?! He's not real???

brb going to evaluate entire existence

• Locked thread