Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Droyer posted:

3. Izetta

I can't quite put my finger on why I dropped this show. I guess everything about it just felt really mediocre after a while, and I couldn't really keep my interest in it after a while.

For me, it was a combination of a plodding plot (you could've condensed Episode 4 into, like, 6-10 minutes easily) and a decidedly uninteresting premise. If Izetta had been a reluctant ally whose motives conflicted with that of Princess Fine, then there's drama that can be exploited (because you don't know if she's going to stick around forever, or if she'll turn tail during a critical moment when she gets a better offer) to tell a good story, but when her sole motivation boils down to, "Princess Fine is my friend and I'm going to help her 100%," and she seems to have zero problems winning every fight, what am I watching the show for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

It really feels like they were running a threadbare budget in the first place and then decided to save about 2/3rds of it for the Godhand's appearance, because that is a beautifully animated scene in stark contrast to everything else.

• Locked thread