Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i have only finished one thing i feel comfortable calling bad, so:

1) Kagewani: Shou: the first season started as a week-by-week show about different monsters attacking civilians, with the MC appearing to survey the aftermath. the format isn't original, but it gives an opportunity to tell short, original stories. by the end of that season and well into the second (this season) it became entirely focused on the chuuni-idol protagonist and his fight to control the monsters that pursue him, which, it turns out, all act basically the same. this same studio does yami shibai so the lackluster animation isn't a surprise, but it feels like another let down when the the story drops its' transmission on the drat highway. if you can't characterize the MC well, i'd rather see your monster designs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

good point. honorary mention to kiznavier for having a good 2-3 episodes about the manga girl and basically nothing on either side of that.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Endorph posted:

the 2-3 eps about the manga girl were bad because they ended up with the implication that she was gonna be straight now

not in those episodes though, as i recall. the pairing of her and pretty boy was poorly written, but that brief period was well done.

• Locked thread