Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"

Darth Walrus posted:

Active Raid: Power-armoured police procedurals should not be this dull. The plot was meandering and half-assed, and the action so-so, leaving the show to rely on its static, one-dimensional characters and stale, gimmicky comedy, which could barely support the three-episode test, let alone a two-cour runtime. Probably the emptiest show Goro Taniguchi has ever put his name on.

The baseline level for Active Raid was nothing special, but I was frankly lucky enough to never find the show half as dull as you did. There were plenty of amusing scenes and a couple of great episodes. Unsurprisingly, Taniguchi himself predicted that most folks would react like you did, because this was nothing like his previous works and much closer to Akibaranger and Dekaranger. Extremely lighthearted fare without tons of depth nor great action, although it had a few cool sequences. Still, it found a niche reception (column 1, higher is better) and sold better than you'd expect back home. I am hoping for something more ambitious and/or substantial from Goro's next projects though (everyone will watch Geass, but I'll check out ID-0 even if nobody else does).

wielder fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Dec 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread