Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Sorta surprised at the Bakuon hate tbh. Not because I disagree with the flaws that were mentioned, but the manga seemed prrrretty much the same? Liking one but not the other just struck me as odd. Anyway, I don't care to rank them, but of all the shows I actually finished these 3 stand out as far worse than the others.
  • Mayoiga: You have no idea how relieved I am to see other people listing this one. I was half-convinced the entire thread was an elaborate attempt to troll me, and the director was in on it. Every episode, I forced myself to sit through hoping to get it. I never did. It could have gone somewhere, but that would require a coherent plot and a comittment to actually following through on the tension they kept trying to stoke. The finale was like watching the last gasp of a deflating balloon that's been filled with fart gas.
  • Kumamiko: Dark comedy is my bag, but if this was meant as satire they conveyed it incredibly poorly. I debated listing this one since it isn't outrageously terrible in the same way as so many other shows, but as I got more distance from it the implicit nastiness of the show's arc stands out more and more. I would've been able to forgive, oh, say... half the show's parade of misery if things started to improve in the latter half. But no! They really are just twisting the screws on this poor kid, and trying to excuse it by slapping a heartwarming slice-of-life paintjob on top.
  • Berserk: If Masaaki Yuasa ends up in Hell, this is what they'll be playing for him on infinite loop. God, I wanted this to be good so badly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

So how many shows on the Worst list also ended up on the Best list, and what were their respective rankings?

• Locked thread