Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I think Haifuri and Izetta are the only shows I dropped for being bad after three episodes instead of before

kiznaiver is the worst show I finished

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

AnoHito posted:

Careful, last time a series of real life disasters stopped me from watching a popular show, it was Toradora and it was great. I've come to the conclusion that god doesn't want people to watch good anime. Also you should give Re:Zero another shot. It gets really good and pretty much does the opposite of what IBO did in terms of writing as the series goes on in that the violence is always grim and you never feel that the main characters are "safe."

the premise of rezero is such that the characters are literally always safe. thats like the one guarantee

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Space Flower posted:

Grimgar shoots up on the "no normies" list for best anim

cant believe normies are right

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

It's kind of a silly conversation honestly but like in something like love Hina only two of the girls are actually into the main dude but it's like a protypical harem

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Back when love Hina was relevant there were always people who insisted the manga was like a masterpiece and the anime was just a pale shadow of it and well, I'm taking a stand 10 years later and saying I don't believe them

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

AfricanBootyShine posted:

tbf I haven't really watched any legit harem animes. More along the lines of Subaru being a self-insert that inexplicably gets the respect/romantic interest of women who far outstrip him in position, power, and theoretically, intellect.

It gave me a similar feel to Fate/Stay Night, where there's an annoying MC surrounded by a bunch of attractive women. Not all of them want to bang him, but you know that they're there for the audience to get off to.

Shirou's a buff dude who can cook and in ordinary life just seems like a helpful responsible dude. shiro could totally have a harem is what I'm saying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I read like 100 chapters of negima and it sucked but also I'm happy for them

• Locked thread