Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I mean this thread sort of reminded me I haven't really watched a whole lot of shows this season, at least ones that I stuck to the point that they left a negative impression on me.

So the only two shows that I watched which I dropped pretty early were

1) Classicaloid- I like classic music and the premise sounded stupid enough that it could be fun. It was just stupid, no fun whatsover and the music was drab arrangements. Dropped with prejudice after the first episode.

2) Kumamiko- I really like the manga and the show started off well enough. It got painful to watch near the end.

I ignored Berserk really hard because everything I saw about its animations through gifs and such pointed to it having way worse animations than a loving puppet show. Puppet show ruled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Wark Say posted:

Wait, Puppet show? Like, Thunderbirds?

https://u.pomf.is/mhzajh.webm

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Pavlov posted:

Not really. You can make something that's good for 10 year olds and just 10 year olds. To make it good for adults too you have to go above and beyond.

Princess tutu went above and beyond :colbert:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Endorph posted:

i think princess tutu was aimed at teenagers more than kids, the manga ran in a seinen magazine and while the show aired on Kids' Network that channel runs more teen-focused stuff late at night. And it ran on NHK too but I can't imagine it had an early morning timeslot.

Depends on the prefecture but most where early in the morning. Like 7:30 or 8:00 early in the morning. The definition of a before school kids cartoon.

• Locked thread