Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
What was the incest anime, before I pick yuri on ice as my avoided anime because it involves no actual yuri??

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Dec 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

The Colonel posted:

kumamiko was the kind of adaptation that makes the original author get angry online

I've never seen it, what happened?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Matoi Ryuko posted:

luluco - cute but boring dropped after like 3 ep

kiznaiver - too exposition heavy, over-saturated with characters, dropped after like 5 episodes

most avoided

dragon ball super - better to watch dragon ball after it's ended, imo...

When even the mod can't follow the thread rules what kind of era are we headed towards???

Captain Baal posted:

Has anyone put Danganronpa yet, because that poo poo was garbage from start to finish

I started writing a post but I decided I needed to think about it to accurately depict my vitriol towards it.

I also couldn't think of a third anime I watched 3 episodes of and didn't like. :v:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I forgot to post my vote during the period but imma do it anyways!!!

Avoided - re; zero.

I avoided it based on the premise, but was drawn in but the cute anime maids. It was actually ok even if I don't like loser shutins as protagonists typically.

Worst - Can I put Danganronpa 3 down three times because it was technically three series? Because god i hate that show. It's probably the worst anime I've actually watched all the way through.

I'll start with the good: It had nice music.

Beyond that it somehow managed to fail on every level imaginable. The first thing is that it didn't include any of the things that made Danganronpa actually interesting. There was little mystery and half the characters got no development. Was I supposed to feel bad when people died in side future? Because I kinda didn't since they weren't exactly characters.

Not only was the show bad on it's own, it actually went back and retconned interesting elements of Danganronpa 2 to make it worse in retrospect. The show completely removed all agency from the cast of Danganronpa 2. Instead of being flawed and emotionally unstable teenagers basically getting pulled into a cult by a charismatic monster they were brainwashed into doing everything. Oh, okay, I guess that means they don't have anything to repent for then. That's a relief, I was almost getting invested for a bit there.

More specifically I want to go into the character of Hinata. Danganronpa 1 was a story that featured Naegi, but Danganronpa 2 was a story that pretty heavily focused on Hinata as a character. He was a deluded sycophant with way more money than common sense who paid his way into being in the cool kid's club because he wasn't special enough to be on his own, then threw away his self so that he could be more like the objects of his devotion. The way his character changed over the course of DR2, how he got self respect and grew as a person, was tested in the end when he was forced to choose between throwing himself away again, except this time it was a heroic sacrifice.

Then in Danganronpa 3 he was an average guy who did it because of ~love~. Oh. Okay then. Chiaki having been an actual person, the Chiaki AI having been made by Hinata, pretty much every moment Junko or Yukizome was on screen... Why? What was the reasoning behind that instead of actually expanding on the cast of the game and how they ended up becoming the people that they did? My only guess is that it seemed like that would be hard to write, but then why even make it at all and not just an anime of DR2 or something?

The Future side was also a spectacular exercise in wasted potential. Practically all the new characters died while none of the old ones did, not that many of the new characters really had anything to them. The show builds up the idea of it being the final confrontation between the concepts of hope and despair as Danganronpa defines them but welp, not really. It actually turns out the show isn't really about much of anything after all. A bunch of vaguely connected events happen and then the show ends with Naegi re-opening the school that the series spent half of it's runtime explaining was a bad idea from it's very conception. Apparently all the bad guys just gave up and went home too. Cool, go team.

It's really staggering just how bad it was, to the point I half believe the idea it was made to spite the exceptionally terrible fanbase DR has.. Anecdotal evidence and all that, but I haven't talked to anyone who actually liked it.

i'm aware this post is :spergin: as h*ck but man; I hate that show.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

AfricanBootyShine posted:

2016 was a pretty good year for anime, imo. Only one that I watched would I consider bad:

Re:Zero. It's a harem anime, with an interesting world that kept me watching far longer than I had any reason to. I can look past bad female characters if the rest of the show is worth it, but honestly, it wasn't at all. The character designs are all pretty much fetish trope (slutty big boobed vampiress, little flat chick, pure elf chick, cute maid twins, etc...), and the action scenes all a bit bland. The episodes where they fight the white whale were surprisingly underwhelming. There were some flashes of brilliance, but they were quickly suppressed by the moe overload.

I didn't watch too much of it but wasn't it just two of them that were intereted in the main character?

• Locked thread