Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Tiger Mask W was a big disappointment, it started out great but it got weird and boring really fast after that. The op and Ed hinted at a show with at the very least characters with personality that are distinguishable beyond their different designs but we didn't get that even.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

dogsicle posted:

i can't believe gorf nominated a 2017 show

I'm going to nominate Nanbaka as well and you can't stop me

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I nominated Tiger Mask because nobody will remember it this time next year.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

dogsicle posted:

i will, because I'm going to finish it

I'm bookmarking this post so I can own you in exactly one year.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Nanbaka: It started out as a decent frantic comedy and then it became serious for some reason. At first I thought the over the top dramatic shift was part of the joke but it wasn't. By the time the shift occurred a lot of the jokes were getting stale anyway so I'm not sure it would be good if it hadn't gone off the rails anyway.

Izetta: A great first episode but with each episode more characters were introduced and lots of stuff happened so I lost confidence it'd flesh out the leads. I probably had too high of standards for it honestly

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Smoking Crow posted:

i will never forget it

I have to admit that I think about Kevin and Mike from time to time.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

If Tiger Mask doesn't count then my third nomination is Thunderbolt Fantasy, it started out pretty fun but the writing was kind of a slog and that episode where the main character has the same conversation four times with different people turned me off completely. All the characters had pretty drab designs too which was a disappointment, I was hoping for more variety than lots of purple and black

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Half the cast also emoted the same way with their voices which is tiring as well

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

My Most Avoided show was Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans, the first few episodes were filled with exposition that I couldn't give a poo poo about and a lot of the buzz around the show was how hardcore and realistic it was compared to other Mecha which turns me off even more.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Ranzear posted:

Did we really need six or seven episodes for that? Holy poo poo.

Ergo: Subaru is dumb as rocks.

It's been over six or seven posts and you still haven't gotten it

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

AnacondaHL posted:

Ah I found it, it was Fangz in my KyoAni voting thread who made statistical visualizations

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3736714&pagenumber=7&perpage=40#post449069132

e.g.

woah @ Burbo still being the wildest rear end

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

That was before PotU disappeared off the face of the earth forever.....

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

We lost a lot of good posters in 2016. Never forget

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Someone didn't watch Rokka no Yusha.

Yea there absolutely are shows with endings so bad they ruin everything that came before it

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

dogsicle posted:

ah, to be hero

It was a dumb ending but it didn't make the other episodes retroactively unfunny so I don't know if it counts. Rokka's ending felt pointless because it reset the status quo and added a really dumb character that we'd never see again because there was no way there's be a season 2. Among other things

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

What happened there?

It went for a schmaltzy ending where the whole thing was a coma dream and the bad guy was actually his bad dad thoughts. Or is it??????

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'm not sure how Rokka could have stayed supe rinteresting past that opening arc without either resetting the status quo (like it did) or becoming less good, what appealed to me was that it was the fantasy locked room mystery aspect, less so the epic fantasy aspect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I think the lns it was based on came out right after Madoka as well

• Locked thread