Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Cowwan posted:

I don't have any good nominations, I tend to give up on stuff I don't like by episode 3.

I have this same problem tbh, so this list is more like, biggest dissapointments, I suppose, Except for the first choice.

Kaiju Girls As soon as I watched the first episode, I knew I hated it and had to watch eps 2 and 3 to include it on the list. It's a one note-gag, which could be played for laughs if they used their powers in interesting, or funnily mundane ways. Instead, it's a case of "You get the reference? References are funny!!!" Not to mention incredibly cheep flash animation and effects, it looked just as bad, if not worse, than many ps1 games. Overall, there was nothing redeeming about this show.

Dimension W honestly bored me, and I just put it down after 3 eps. Hearing it went bad didn't inspire me to pick it back up either.

Space Patrol Luluco I partially set myself up for this because of the trigger hype this got, not just on SA but elsewhere online. Didn't end up watching it until last month. Besides the last episode, each episode only really had one gag I liked each, and it was just a case where it felt more like I was forcing myself to watch it as a chore, because I though for sure it gets better next episode...but it really doesn't.

Dishonorable Mentions go to Pan De Peace and Kumamiko, which would beat out DW and SPL if I could have been bothered to watch more than 1 ep of each. Also dishonorable mentions to Bakuon!!, which I only watched 2 eps and never got vack into after hearing the way it turned out, and Dagashi Kashi, which fails on the comedy aspect, but I still enjoyed what parts I did watch as a chill, fact learning experience.

Most Avoided would have to go to Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Ilya 3rei!!, not that I watched the previous two seasons, but who wants a Fate spinoff that stars petite girls and has tons of weirdly sexual fanservice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Pavlov posted:

Netoge: Delusional schizophrenia is Moe.

A Pavlov post I can agree with.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

ninjewtsu posted:

Biggest disappointment for me was definitely osomatsu, which I went into expecting to absolutely love, and ended up thinking very little of after 3 episodes

For reference I haven't finished Osomatsu yet, but the impression I got from people talking is that the first few/several episodes are weaker than the later episodes, which is definitely the vibe from what I've watched so far. Quite a few decent skits, some that just spin their wheels, and only really one that I found outrageously funny so far (the Saw Parody), but I can definitely see how a fantastic ending can make people forget that is started quite slow.

Though for reference I put Luluco on this worst pist, and many people put it on their best list, so maybe my internal meter for humor needs to be calibrated.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
My impression was they just wanted to make Magical Girls' Battle Royal, and that's pretty much it. Where you get Madoka besides Magical Girls and "Dark", I have no idea.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Love Hina (Not)

• Locked thread