Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

3. Izetta

I can't quite put my finger on why I dropped this show. I guess everything about it just felt really mediocre after a while, and I couldn't really keep my interest in it after a while.

2. Dimension W

I wasn't as disappointed in this show as a lot of other people seem to be, mostly because i didn't think it was that fantastic early on. With that said though I was still disappointed with it, especially the last arc. Suddenly treating a character who earlier talked about how a woman was beautiful because he could control her as a good guy without him showing any growth was super weird, and the show ended on what felt like a really forced "final boss" monster that came out of nowhere.

1. Macross Delta

Right after this show ended I felt that the negative reaction to it was a bit overblown, but the more I think about it the more I dislike it. From an action standpoint it started really good, but quickly lost what made it unique and the fights ended up feeling very samey, and was really bad at using the the valkyries' gimmick, which for a macross show is really bad. From a writing standpoint it similarly started good, but about halfway through it really started spinning its wheels, and one character's subplot was seriously mishandled. This wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the fact that the final episode largely revolved around this character, so I ended up completely emotionally unengaged in the finale because the show hadn't given me a reason to care about the character. Speaking of the finale, the main conflict ends up completely sidelined by a secondary conflict very late in the show, so what was supposed to the main conflict goes unresolved even after the show's end and a lot of things end up feeling pointless as a result. I also had some smaller issues as a long-time Macross fan, but those are nitpicky and not really worth mentioning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Knorth posted:

I don't know how the manga went but I definitely remember everyone having some sort of crush on him by the end in the anime

Towards the end of the manga literally every girl is willing to marry him.

• Locked thread