Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Worst Anime

3. Dimension W: This show had a really solid start, but it fell off the rails pretty quickly, which sucks because it had a great sense of style while it was good, and a loving awesome composer doing the music. By the time I stopped watching, it had just finished an arc about an alternate ghost dimension that had a scene where the cute robot girl ran naked through alternate dimension ghost walls, but then escaped from the ghosts using the power of... believing she could escape??? I planned to catch up, but I gave up when I heard that the main character, who had refused to really develop up to that point, never ended up having any development at all.

2. Nanbaka: It started off as a really fun, goofy comedy show, with an adorable cast, and then it became... a... a serious dramatic shonen action show...???

1. Kumamiko: Yeah this poo poo was just

Most Avoided

Big Order: It's Big Order

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
also let the "yuri on ice has no yuri" meme die

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
kumamiko was the kind of adaptation that makes the original author get angry online

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Cuntellectual posted:

I've never seen it, what happened?

the first chapter or so of the manga had people screwing with machi

all 12 episodes of the anime are people manipulating machi into doing things she's uncomfortable with and trying to discourage her from moving out of the village by exploiting her lack of knowledge about city life and ultimately making her terrified of strangers

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
also it was a pretty good show, with good writing and good characters

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
how about you watch things, instead of pre-judge every show on the forum and rate every thread for a show it sounds like you wouldn't like a 1

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
yeah, but you're spared from a sick burn cause we don't have an SAclopedia page for a Namtab Vote

of course, this burn is forever lost cause the relin vote page is gone now?? i hope i didn't just create a reverse-burn on myself

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

i'm just trying to pull a slam dunk on the dude cause he had a whole saclopedia page about how he does the thing he literally just did in this thread...

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
yeah but the manga is good

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
looking at everything else the director's done, he really is actually a pretty solid animator/director outside of berserk so i have no idea what happened there

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
one of the character arcs in kiznaiver actually does go somewhere really good, it's just that it's literally only that character who really goes anywhere interesting to the point that she kind of outshines the main character's own development and everyone else in the cast ends up either totally stagnant or weirdly inconsistent and basically all irrelevant to the finale

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Endorph posted:

the 2-3 eps about the manga girl were bad because they ended up with the implication that she was gonna be straight now

the eps themselves were good, the stuff with blue haired guy was kind of just another fault of the rest of the show. i'm still angry that after her arc ended it pretty much all became irrelevant, including the scene earlier on that literally mirrored a hosed up emotional scene from her manga that just never really came up again even though it should have set up a whooooooole ton of questions about what her actual feelings on blue haired guy are

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Dec 27, 2016

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I never got that impression and figured she was just bisexual

i'd be willing to buy that if everything about her backstory didn't just... disappear, and never get acknowledged again

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
heartcatch precure is a show for little girls and it's also one of the best shows ever made

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
subaru getting unbearable is the point of the middle arc though

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Ranzear posted:

He's kinda unbearably stupid from the very beginning, and not in a useful or entertaining way. By the time he figures out the respawns, he stops really trying to do anything differently each time.

the entire point of his arc is learning that trying to do things that way is bad and he needs to trust people to help him though???

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
subaru did do that, at the end, after he learned that he should trust people, and he had to give really awkward and vague answers because, uh, yeah

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
subaru's entire arc is about realizing that it's ok to need and to ask people to give him support, and that doing that doesn't make him a miserable excuse for a person, and the fact that people want to "carry" him at all means he has worth to them and should also have worth to himself

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
subaru is a flawed human being

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i think the premise of re:zero is a pretty important part of subaru's character, because it's a pretty big thing that before he ended up in the fantasy world, he kind of wasted every day of his life wallowing in his apartment, and just knowing that is a major source of stress and a cause for the self-hatred that plagues him throughout the story

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
subaru gets furiously shat on by everyone except rem until he actually starts being a decent person, and he still doesn't exactly gain a harem of women after that

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i don't think it's a harem if one of the girls actively pushes you far, far away from her, but i guess this is kind of a pointless argument to get into so i'm gonna stop here

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

end the war on dubbed anime

by banning it outright

space dandy's dub rules, actually

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Pavlov posted:

I thought that one was recorded in english first, then dubbed into japanese.

both tracks were recorded at the same time

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
aqua > emilia

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
he literally breaks down into tears about it when he talks with rem

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
rokka no poosha

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the stuff past episode 3 was the best part of rokka though, until the last episode when it turned out that the entire cast really were just kind of idiots

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

When's the Best Anime thread going up

it's already up op

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Butt Ghost posted:

these seem like positive traits???

here's the real negative trait: it's loving boring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
there's lots of side girls in re:zero and basically none of them give two shits about subaru

• Locked thread