Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Kumamiko managed to start out great, only to slowly descend into being awful and creepy. gently caress you for ruining something that could have been in the other thread, and gently caress you for wasting a really good OP/ED.

Joker Game had two or three good episodes before more or less abandoning it's premise and any of it's interesting characters to become...you know what, I'm not even sure what they were going for. I sure as hell don't care enough to finish it to find out if they knew either.

Dimension W started pretty good, but the writing and characters slowly fell apart until it became a boring mess I couldn't bother with anymore.

Most Avoided: Berserk. God that hurt my eyes to watch. At the very least it got me to read the manga I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Srice posted:

I might have watched more out of curiosity over its popularity, a tornado hit while I was in the middle of the second episode (technically third, as its premiere was double-length) and I took it as a sign that I shouldn't watch any more Re:Zero

Careful, last time a series of real life disasters stopped me from watching a popular show, it was Toradora and it was great. I've come to the conclusion that god doesn't want people to watch good anime. Also you should give Re:Zero another shot. It gets really good and pretty much does the opposite of what IBO did in terms of writing as the series goes on in that the violence is always grim and you never feel that the main characters are "safe."

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Cake Attack posted:

the premise of rezero is such that the characters are literally always safe. thats like the one guarantee

No, the main character is always safe. Well, physically at least.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Kazuma doesn't really get shat on at all. Everything just ends up going generally okay for him all around. Not that it really matters because saying the two are basically the same when one's a serious drama and the other's a wacky comedy is dumb all around. Like saying Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy is basically the same as Start Wars because it's just an average main character in space.

• Locked thread