Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Lemon-Lime posted:

Most Avoided:
Vivid Strikers: I wanted more Fate and Nanoha being Vivio's mamas (or at least the second half of the tournament arc from Vivid), but instead got a show with a first episode so creepy and boring that I instantly dropped it. I'm glad I did, considering the later gifs of elementary schoolers getting graphically murdered.

it was good. the fight scenes have a lot of emotion put into them so it plays out like a good sports anime at its strong points. the bully beatdown was graphic, but also a purposefully shocking moment in the history of one of the mains and her driving motivation comes from it. there's a lot of befriending and eventually marriage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Namtab posted:

I prefer to end wars

i'm glad to hear we share the same opinions re:life

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
I have much stronger feelings against a show I tried to enjoy and justify through an entire cour than something that just disinterested me after a cursory watch. that's why the alternate title of the thread is "most disappointing."

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Endorph posted:

this part is not the same

homura_gotta_go_past.bmp

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

nielsm posted:

Did you then watch Wish Upon the Pleiades instead?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Offkorn posted:

No? Madoka's wish literally re-writes reality (which is not something anyone, including the creatures that created magical girls, thought was possible) so that being a magical girl was no longer fatal.

In Ikusei Keikaku it's fatal just because "erasing their memories became boring".

Well, no. The girls still live and die by the incubators' system. The difference in the new world is that when they die, they don't become witches. They join the Law of Cycles and because witches don't exist to feed on mankind's negative energies, wraiths proliferate and fill this role instead.

I'm p sure what Namtab is referring to is how the problems in the series and afterwards arise because the incubators will always seek faster and larger returns in favor of humane, sustainable systems.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Grimgar shoots up on the "no normies" list for best anim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Endorph posted:

also ken akamatsu is good and under my protection, but negima is his real masterpiece because it ends with a lesbian wedding

uq holder has their kids, which is also a good

• Locked thread