Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

1. Izetta: The Last Witch. Completely bland and predictable from start to finish. I kept watching it until the end in the hope that it would at least become an entertaining trainwreck, but nope, just more of the same one-dimensional characters going through the same trite plot beats.
2. WWW.Working!! I feel like Karino Takatsu wrote this before she learned how to write likable characters, or plots that don't all revolve around elaborate misunderstandings, or recurring jokes that don't get stale after the second time, or any of the other things that made the other Working!! good.
3. Dagashi Kashi! The constant candy references got old really fast, and just weren't that funny. The SOL parts were kind of nice, but the show just couldn't go five minutes before shoehorning in yet another candy commercial. Maybe it's more entertaining if you actually grew up on the snacks they're talking about?

Also, I didn't dislike it enough to put it in the top three, but I never managed to finish Amanchu. I like slow-paced shows with thinly-veiled yuri elements as much as the next guy, but this just didn't go anywhere. It felt like Teko went through the exact same character arc of "I'm super shy and have low self-esteem, but being with Pikari is fun and exciting, so maybe I'll try to be more outgoing and positive from now on" in every single episode, and the show seemed in no hurry to move on from there. Also, that loving cat.

For "Most Ignore Anime", I was tempted to say Yuri!!! on Ice, but I already know that I will end up watching that before long. So instead, I'm going to say Kumamiko. I watched the first episode, kind of liked it, posted about it in the chat thread, was told that I was making a huge mistake, and immediately removed it from my queue. Thanks, chat thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread