Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

2016 was a pretty good year for anime, imo. Only one that I watched would I consider bad:

Re:Zero. It's a harem anime, with an interesting world that kept me watching far longer than I had any reason to. I can look past bad female characters if the rest of the show is worth it, but honestly, it wasn't at all. The character designs are all pretty much fetish trope (slutty big boobed vampiress, little flat chick, pure elf chick, cute maid twins, etc...), and the action scenes all a bit bland. The episodes where they fight the white whale were surprisingly underwhelming. There were some flashes of brilliance, but they were quickly suppressed by the moe overload.

Most Avoided: Berserk (2016). I kept reading the thread hoping it'd get better, but it appeared it only got worse. Hopefully the Musou game will be good to make up for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

tbf I haven't really watched any legit harem animes. More along the lines of Subaru being a self-insert that inexplicably gets the respect/romantic interest of women who far outstrip him in position, power, and theoretically, intellect.

It gave me a similar feel to Fate/Stay Night, where there's an annoying MC surrounded by a bunch of attractive women. Not all of them want to bang him, but you know that they're there for the audience to get off to.

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

yeah well that's just like uh your opinion man

Hunt11 posted:

Well so is a decent part of what you said.

:thejoke:

AfricanBootyShine fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jan 13, 2017

• Locked thread