Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
Red card was arguably legitimate, but shouldn't have been a penalty. Redmond clipped his heel but it was outside the box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Shoren posted:

Red card was arguably legitimate, but shouldn't have been a penalty. Redmond clipped his heel but it was outside the box.

He continued to pull him down into the penalty area though.

edit: finally been able to see a replay. There's definitely still contact going into the box, the decision is technically correct even though it looks wrong.

EvilHawk fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Dec 28, 2016

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

EvilHawk posted:

He continued to pull him down into the penalty area though.

edit: finally been able to see a replay. There's definitely still contact going into the box, the decision is technically correct even though it looks wrong.

The pull was outside the box and ended outside the box. Redmond was just flapping at him once Alli was in the box. Since contact initiated outside of the box it shouldn't have been a penalty. You can make the case that the Soton defenders wouldn't have gotten across so the red card was correct.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Shoren posted:

The pull was outside the box and ended outside the box. Redmond was just flapping at him once Alli was in the box. Since contact initiated outside of the box it shouldn't have been a penalty. You can make the case that the Soton defenders wouldn't have gotten across so the red card was correct.

Mike Dean clearly thinks the contact still continues into the box. If he does then it is a penalty:

"If a defender starts holding an attacker outside the penalty area and continues holding him inside the penalty area, the referee must award a penalty kick."

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

EvilHawk posted:

Mike Dean thinks it is a penalty:

no need for any extra verbiage

edit: same for any red card

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Now Tottenham are just bein mean

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

I thought they were showing a replay of the first Son goal lol

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
4-easy

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I can't believe anyone thinks that wasn't a peno

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Wasn't even a foul mate

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
What happened to that whole "no red card for non-violent penalties" thing? Does that not apply to this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

pik_d posted:

What happened to that whole "no red card for non-violent penalties" thing? Does that not apply to this?

No. It doesn't apply to professional fouls (which includes grappling/holding).

It's not "non-violent" penalties, it's accidental fouls v professional fouls. Blame the media for not reporting it correctly at the time.

• Locked thread