Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what will happen in the winter transfer window
joey barton will do a thing
big sam will do a thing
arsenal fans will meltdown
manchester united fans will meltdown
both sets of fans will melt down
gay for pay 3rd party ownership
Tons of Liverpool fanfiction
View Results

• Locked thread
Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Luiz Adriano to Spartak from Milan for free or some tiny fee is supposedly happening. The going rate was supposed to be 7 million but apparently Galliani doesn't give a poo poo any more and just wants him off the books. He's poo poo but he's not that poo poo, for fucks sake. I wonder what incredibly bad 35 year old Milan will sign for free on the last day then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

Luiz Adriano to Spartak from Milan for free or some tiny fee is supposedly happening. The going rate was supposed to be 7 million but apparently Galliani doesn't give a poo poo any more and just wants him off the books. He's poo poo but he's not that poo poo, for fucks sake. I wonder what incredibly bad 35 year old Milan will sign for free on the last day then.

Zaza's agent said he's definitely not going to play for Juve, you can have him, if you'd like. Prandelli has been trying to get him at Valencia but apparently they won't pay his wages.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

What would your top 5 non footballing reasons be for a footballer to move to lovely boro? They could be reading this very thread

Plenty of bigger names have been attracted in the past maybe you're just a bigot? London is a shithole.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Pissflaps posted:

Plenty of bigger names have been attracted in the past maybe you're just a bigot? London is a shithole.

Middlesbrough better than London you heard it here first lmao

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

RideTheSpiral posted:

It is tbf

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

RideTheSpiral posted:

lmao

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

it's just a shite town in the north sorry

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

RideTheSpiral posted:

it's just a shite town in the north sorry

I don't know who you support or where you live so I'm at a loss for burns. Sorry.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Bape Culture posted:

I don't know who you support or where you live so I'm at a loss for burns. Sorry.

im from london but i support fc kairat

we have arshavin

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Bape Culture posted:

Hes stuck in Qatar on a Kafala visa and routinely abuses his domestic servants

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Sorry for all of you not living in Edinburgh :colbert:

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
London is pretty poo poo

The south coast is cool and good though

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

RideTheSpiral posted:

im from london but i support fc kairat

we have arshavin

I don't know much about fc karat but I do know that pigs have spiral shaped penises.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Pissflaps posted:

I don't know much about fc karat but I do know that pigs have spiral shaped penises.

Those are their tails mate....

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Veron from retirement and Estudiantes club chairman to player is a done deal

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
The Box-to-box Ox is coming to Anfield. He'll probably be fine once he's allowed to eat meat again.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Carlos Tevez is off to Shanghai for...

*rubs eyes*

£615,000 per week

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
That's a lot of money.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
But living in China is on the other side of the scales.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Eau de MacGowan posted:

£615,000 for 1 week

Fixed

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
I can't imagine Tevez will stay in China for long. First time he flies home to visit his family that'll probably be the end of it.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Chinese Wantaway

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

trem_two posted:

I can't imagine Tevez will stay in China for long. First time he flies home to visit his family that'll probably be the end of it.

They don't have restraunts!

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Tevez's boyhood club Shanghai Shenhua

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Blue Star Error posted:

Not anymore anyway - Anis Amri

christ

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/juventusfcen/status/814463962276368384

...yay?

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small

Blue Star Error posted:

Not anymore anyway - Anis Amri

Just saw this. Goddamn

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Carlos Tevez is off to Shanghai for...

*rubs eyes*

£615,000 per week

What is wrong with these Chinese idiots? Not only is the salary ridiculous, they've paid €84M to Boja Juniors to sign this 32 year old.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I doubt that is cash it is probably a few bob and the rest in copper futures and totally legitimate bonds of some sort

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
I reckon Liverpool are good enough again to rob a bunch of lower-table club's good players. Someone else will get Payet but we could have, like, Van Dijk. Southampton are liverpools Bessie mates.

Edit: sign Schmeichel, Forster, Adrian, and Butland, find the one that actually works and then sell the rest back at a massive loss, that's what I'd do me

Hoops fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Dec 29, 2016

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
When Jiangsu Suning tried to buy Luiz Adriano they were willing to pay some insane wages and when he actually got there and saw it was all bullshit he went right back to Milan even though Milan wanted it to go through. I suspect he's either got a good agent or just saw through it all. There is no way that the numbers being reported are actually in cash or anything immediately useable.

julian assflange posted:

I doubt that is cash it is probably a few bob and the rest in copper futures and totally legitimate bonds of some sort

It's this.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Clubs could do a trade in selling their youth team players to Chinese clubs at a million a pop. I bet you could shift a bunch of 18 year old La Masia trainees, tell them it's a cultural exchange.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

If were just throwing theories out there, the obvious one is that it's the Chinese club owners conspiring with the players' agents and using the transfer to evade China's currency controls.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Strawman posted:

If were just throwing theories out there, the obvious one is that it's the Chinese club owners conspiring with the players' agents and using the transfer to evade China's currency controls.

My conspiracy theory has always been that these clubs are backed by the Chinese government, that the government tells them to get big name players, and that the fact that they'll actually have to pay these players gets lost in the shuffle.

Bizzy_g
Sep 3, 2004
fix up, look sharp
Heard the pompy management team talking about akinfenwa today

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

This is a good read on how these big money deals for sports in china generally go

http://basketballbuddha.com/allen-iverson-trip-to-china-ruined-by-chinese-agents/

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Liverpool will probably sign a winger to cover for Mane but I imagine that will be all. Promes has been rumoured and fits the bill and I actually quite like the idea of Zaha if I'm honest- he's not especially consistent but when Mane is back he seems like he'd be a devastating player to come off the bench and run at tired defenders. He's probably cost a disgusting amount of money though.

Also we really don't need a left back. Milner is honestly one of the best in the league there so it makes no sense to bring someone else in just because Milner is new to the role.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

blue footed boobie posted:

My conspiracy theory has always been that these clubs are backed by the Chinese government, that the government tells them to get big name players, and that the fact that they'll actually have to pay these players gets lost in the shuffle.

that's the surface level

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Zaha is in the AFCON too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005